In need of a little help.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sojourner

In need of a little help.

Post by Sojourner »

Going thru some difficult moments at the present time and was just wondering if anyone was around for a little conversation/distraction.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

debbluebird

Re: In need of a little help.

Post by debbluebird »

Are you still around. I'm here.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Thanks. Was just posting on another thread. The typing seems to help a bit. Struggling with some major anxiety at the moment. Not an unusual thing for the rls'ers but somewhat of a major 1st timish event for me. Just trying to work through it without a trip to the ER. deb bluebird, have you experienced it? What time zone are you in? I was looking a my post and maybe need to update my settings as the time here is just 8:55 CST,
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Sorry you are having a hard time right now. When I'm having a bad time, there is two things that I try. One is to get into a hot tub, full of water. I have slept in the tub more than a few times. The other, I get on my recumbent bike and ride.
I'm in th MST.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Have been in the tub a few times tonight. It definitely does help. Just an excessive amount of symptoms in an excessive amount of places and my psyche is really taking a beating. How are you doing tonight?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm fine, but getting over a cold. Haven't been able to wear my cpap mask for two nights and won't be able to for a few more due to some herpes on my nose. So I am tired. I'm hoping it won't make my RLS PLM worse.
I have stayed in the tub for as long as four hours, and keep putting in more hot water.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

WOW, 4 hours is quite a bit. I think maybe on hour or so is about the most I've tried based on how I felt. Maybe staing in for 4 hours is better than getting in, getting out etc. I don't have a hot tub but have wondered about how effective that would be and how many or our members have one and use it on a regular basis. Seems I read somewhere that there are recommended time frames for staying in one of those things. But seems it would be great to have one in a room where you could watch tv etc. I have the occasional migraine brought on my sinus pressure and a hot tub in a quiet dark room works great for that.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I don't use a mask but it seems, based on ads that I see, that the masks are really coming down in size which I hope translated into them being more comfortable and easier to use.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I don't have a hot tub, just a regular tub. When the water starts to cool off, I let some water out, and put in more hot. I have also slept in there. I wedge my legs so that I can't fall under.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

We have a jacuzzi tub which is somewhat large. I enjoy using it but the amount of water it uses particularly with constant refilling can jack up the water bill particularly if used daily. I use the smaller of our tubs and while it's not a cozy it does the job quite well. When we purchased the house, I really wanted a jacuzzi tub. The realtor tried to dissuade me from making it a "must" as he said that, in his experience, people do not use it as much as they think they will and that the extra money/space could be better utilized elsewhere. And, while I do enjoy the tub, he was right.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Ours has the jets.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Yeah, that's cool. I'm fixin to take the dog out for the night. It's pretty cold out now and I'm guessing low 30's. I'm hoping the cold will help me snap out of it a bit. I feel a bit better and hope the little walk will further me along. I owe you a great deal of thanks for answering my post. I am truly grateful. I hope you continue to do well and wish you peace this night.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Be careful on your walk. It will probably help too.~

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hope it's a bit better tonight, Sojourner.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Thanks, and it is. Even though it's late here and there, I hope you are doing well. I was truly grateful for the support last night and it made a real difference.

hope all who visit here have some peace this night