Today is a good day because

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
TxSongBird

Post by TxSongBird »

Today is a good day because I am alive and breathing and I slept like a rock last night. My dosage of Requip will go up to 1 mg tomorrow. I am finding that the medication has made me less hungry and that is a good thing being overweight.

Donna :P
Donna

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Oh Donna that is the best news I've heard today! less hungry!

My daughter emailed me and I thought this was cute... "I used the blender and blended a whole cucumber and a cup of oatmeal. It feels so nice on my face. Makes my skin feel less tired and tighter and exfoliates all the dead cells, which I have a lot of as my sunburn is peeling. It looks gross, Zoe (my granddaughter) was afraid it was lunch." :lol:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Today is a great day because I actually slept last night (played pharmacist after several bad days in the last week) and was awake for my doctor's appointment. That meant I remembered everything. I ended up getting an increase in the methadone (now am at the average dose for RLSers) and a script for Ambien so I won't have to read journal abstracts at 3 and 4 AM to try to make myself tired. It's always such a sigh of relief when an appointment with the gatekeeper ends up with an open gate 8) .

Ann

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Today is a good day because... there is always the RLS site to ponder when one is in need of focus. It was either that or do the dishes *BIG GRIN*

Post by Guest »

What no good daze comments?????????????

Weather has been changing quickly, heat and humidity, doesn't seem to be all that helpful in sustaining a pain free day ... yet I have gotten most of the 12 acres mowed, weeded half of the flower beds. And I can stargaze if I need to wait out the RLS heebee jeebees!

Mars is quickly coming closer to Earth.

This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that
will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification

Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye.

At this time, the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

It is Friday! Good enough by my standards... *BG*

Life is a grindstone, whether it grinds you down or polishes you pu depends on what you are made of...

:P

TxSongBird

Post by TxSongBird »

Because it is Friday and two days off for the weekend for rest and fun.

Donna
Donna

ksxroads

Flowing

Post by ksxroads »

Flow is an "optimal experience" that is "intrinsically enjoyable." Time seems to stand still, and we lose our sense of self. We feel playful and are willing to try (and presumably buy) new things. Although flow can occur anywhere, certain activities like rock climbing, performing surgery, chess, and sailing lend themselves to this optimal state of focused attention. May your day FLOW!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Today is a good day because I am loved and I am able to love.

On a completely different note, today is a great day because I pick up the keys to my new glass studio! It is in the basement of a large building containing an art gallery and many others in the art world. My space is beautiful and includes a large storage room that used to be a darkroom! Today is an even better day because a local man is giving me all of his darkroom equipment. As I build my workbenches, glass storage and cabinets, I am certain my immedate physical discomfort will cause me to lose sight of how much I want this and how happy I am today. Typing it here is a reminder to me on the upcoming days of the big picture and how important this opportunity is to me.

Ann

trevb

Post by trevb »

Wow, amazing Anne!! would love to see some of your work! is it on the net anywhere?
trev

Post by Guest »

That is WONDERFUL news! ((((Anne))))

there is a website, but in my foggy mind I can't remember where I saw the link.

Sending you many positive thoughts of energy.... more that goes out more that comes in... Hazel

guest,lyndarae

Post by guest,lyndarae »

Today is a great day cause I got 100 on my first Sociology quiz!!!!!!!!!!!YEHAW I can do it if I just put my mind to it. We had a beautiful day today here in Idaho and the sunset was to die for.................. and because I am blessed to have wonderful people in my life, like all of you thank you and GOD BLESS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Well done, my dear, well done. Today is a good day, indeed.

Ann

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I found this website:

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/spoons.htm

It was listed by a wonderful member of the Yahoo group. I didn't go to it for several days, but was so glad I went there tonight. Lupus is different from RLS, but is similar in how difficult it is for others to understand.

When newcomers get here, they often are so grateful to find we speak their language! It is so wonderful to have all these people to speak my language but sometimes I miss the ability to speak in a language that others close to me can understand. The spoon metaphor gives me a language that may let me speak to those I love in a new and different way.

I am grateful today for finding this story and being able to share it. I hope that it is helpful to someone else as it was for me.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Yes But You Don't Look Sick website is a must visit. She is truly inspirational...

Rain rain rain, dance, play in the rain, chase the dogs, chase the cat, rain rain rain The sunset last was absolutely AWSOME… dark purple wall cloud stretched from just above the horizon overhead and to the east… 1/3rd of the eastern horizon was clear blue sky with white cumlinous (sp) clouds … but the dark orange sun setting under the dark cloud bank was spectacular, needed someone with a decent camera to capture that moment. alas all I could do was commit it to memory…

Hazel