Disability tax credit for rls

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Re: Disability tax credit for rls

Post by debbluebird »

Very good !

badnights

Post by badnights »

Maybe it's because we can't stay still :!:
:lol:
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Mocha123

Post by Mocha123 »

I applied for the disability tax credit a year ago and was told after filling out all the paperwork and going through an hour long interview that RLS is not considered a disability and because I have been referred to the Movement Disorder Clinic (been on the waiting list for 2-1/2 years and still no idea when I'll get in) that will likely cure me so I don't qualify

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

A few people here have received SS disability status. Not easy and I think all of them were denied the fist time. Maybe that is the way to go?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Mocha123 - - Ann is right, no one has been approved the first time and the people who got it have had to fight for it (sick, isn't it - the whole point is that we don't have the energy to get by anymore, but we need to have enough energy to fight for that point to be accepted). I think everyone had a doctor on their side, too - one who would go the extra mile and write support letters. Search for disability (search bar in the top right of the page) - there might be some ideas you can use.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

debbluebird wrote:Yes, I always worked hard all my life. I always did more than what was asked of me. I liked coming up with new things, outside of "my job description ". It kills me now that I am unable to work. I loved my job.

Deb, I happened upon this old post and just wanted to say I can so relate. I am working but doing the minimum, whereas I used to be so enthusiastic. It is such a loss of one's vitality. :(

SLEEPY ANGEL

Post by SLEEPY ANGEL »

Count me among those who used to be really high energy and going the extra mile at work (not that the boss I had ever acknowledged such things!)--- but I'm retired now and my days are described by how good or BAD my sleep was! This is the first Spring that I haven't done even half of what I should do in the flower beds... NO energy! I have the desire, but just can't make myself do hings. And it's painfully clear that my mind is NOT what it used to be (now it's foggy)!

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Don't know about the tax credit, but the brother of a friend has RLS. He was an airline pilot and was placed on disability because he couldn't safely fly airliners any more.
Blessings,
Holland