Disability tax credit for rls

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rcure

Disability tax credit for rls

Post by Rcure »

What are people experience in Canada applying for the dtc with rls ? My symptoms are awful along with everything that goes along with it,depression,Cronic fatigue ect. Ive missed a lot of work and had to ask my employer for accommodations, I'm thinking of applying for this credit to ease the burden and maybe open a few doors.

Polar Bear

Re: Disability tax credit for rls

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm in UK and don't personally know of anyone who has applied for it over here. Nearly sure that in the past there has been a member or two who had success in the USA with a disability application.

If you do a search at the top right of the page for disability allowance it will bring up posts pretty much based in the USA.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I got my disability in US, three years ago. Mine was for short term memory loss as a result of sleep deprivation from RLS PLMs. Was tested by neurologist.
Good luck.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I'm in Canada but I haven't gone the disability route. I have an accommodation at work that allows me to work only 6 hours per day, but I don't really make use of it. I think if you have a good doctor in your corner, that is where the fight takes place - your doctor has to convince the feds that RLS/WED is disabling you. But I don;t really know the procedure. I'm interested in hearing about it if you do try it, as I'm sure others are as well.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Rcure

Post by Rcure »

I've checked the government web site and rls is one of the illnesses they do recognize. My struggle is my ability to discribe how it's effecting me as I've sufferd from this for such a long time that it's kinda become normal.

I get so tired by the middle of the week I could practically fall a sleep standing up. the fatigue causes my blood sugar to drop(not diabetic) and my anxiety depression and rls/pain becomes relentless.the only relief is to move but constant moving and flexing Muscles to relieve symptoms cause muscle stiffness and more pain that can't be relieved with moving . I'm forced to avoid any activity that may be strenuous that causes worsening symptoms.

I'm preaching to the choir. I know there are others with rls but I feel alone with this as my wife,friends and family have no understanding of Rls. I'm I going crazy or are others experienced this as well?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I believe that you just used the words to describe what's going on with you.
We all here can relate.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, I've felt crazy more times than I care to remember. Just recently, in fact! I tend to minimize how bad it is but every so often I'm forced to see just how terrible my life is...it's pretty messed up!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rcure

Post by Rcure »

I agree. I think minimizing it is away of coping. Although it eventually catches up to you.im an extremely motivated person you could even say an over achiever and it kills me that I'm slowed down by my rls

I'm in goose bumps at the thought that someone understands what I'm going through.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes, I always worked hard all my life. I always did more than what was asked of me. I liked coming up with new things, outside of "my job description ". It kills me now that I am unable to work. I loved my job.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Rcure wrote:
I'm in goose bumps at the thought that someone understands what I'm going through.

I knew I'd found a very special place when I first came here.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:Yes, I always worked hard all my life. I always did more than what was asked of me. I liked coming up with new things, outside of "my job description ". It kills me now that I am unable to work. I loved my job.

That makes me so sad that it has affected you this way (and so many of the rest of us).

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm pretty sure that at one time there were similar comments in a thread about how most of us sufferers like to 'get things done' and go 'the extra mile' in anything we do (when we are/were fit and able).
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

yes, it seems a lot of us here are high-energy high-achievers (I don't like to say overachievers lol but those looking on might say that), and it kills, just kills, to be failing at things

Would you be able to get a stand-up desk at work? PReferably one that raises and lowers so you don't have stand all the time? I have one and it makes a huge difference.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Post by badnights »

But your main concern is describing what it's doing to your life. Have you tried writing down the main points?

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

badnights wrote:yes, it seems a lot of us here are high-energy high-achievers

Maybe it's because we can't stay still :!: