IRLS Questionairre

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rustsmith

IRLS Questionairre

Post by Rustsmith »

I am not sure I understand one of the IRLS questions. I asked for clarification on the question from one of my doctors and was told to just answer.

The question is #3, which says:

Overall, how much relief of your RLS arm or leg discomfort do you get from moving around?
(4) No relief
(3) Slight relief
(2) Moderate relief
(1) Either complete or almost complete relief
(0) No RLS symptoms and therefore question does not apply

What I do not understand is the scoring of the answers. If one of the criteria for a RLS diagnosis is that moving resolves the symptoms, why does "no relief" get a 4 and "complete" relief gets a 1? The ratings for the rest of the questions give the highest number to the most severe RLS answers.

So, what am I missing or what do I not understand here?
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Re: IRLS Questionairre

Post by debbluebird »

I have had times, when even moving didn't help. It was a nightmare.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Steve.... but could their listing be correct. i.e.

Highest number (4) No relief - This would be for a really severe attack, when it seems that nothing is helping, even walking about = 'most severe'.

I know that one of the criteria for an RLS diagnosis is that moving resolves or helps the symptoms but is there a case for a (4) No Relief when it is a very very very bad bad attack ?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes