Sleep monitor

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS/WED sections.
leggo_my_legs

Re: Sleep monitor

Postby leggo_my_legs » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:03 pm

I use a free app called Camera Trigger to motion trigger videotape on my samsung S2 tablet. I was using Wardencam but this is better. I find it helpful, validating, (and right now upsetting because I'm not doing well yet). But I like it bc it gives me data for the doctor. For example, I know there's been no change in sleep quality from gabapentin 300 to 600.

You can set a lot of parameters, such as how long to videotape when it senses motion. You have to sleep with the light on though. It can save locally and to google drive, but GD is unly at 10 min intervals so If you want all, you have to look at the local files.

stjohnh

Re: Sleep monitor

Postby stjohnh » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:40 pm

The basic problem that I had in trying to evaluate my sleep using monitoring apps and techniques is that the data from ones that I tried did not correlate with how I felt. I used numerous movement monitors, heart rate monitors, sound monitors, and heart rate variability monitors.

There were many times an app would indicate I had a good night and I still felt terrible the next day. Also many times an app would indicate I had a bad night and I felt "OK" the next day (I never have truly good days anymore).
Blessings,
Holland

Return to “General Topics: RLS/WED”