What Severe RLS is Like

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
badnights

Re: What Severe RLS is Like

Post by badnights »

Maybe you're dropping too fast.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

When I stopped methadone after being dependent (and I know you have before, too), I had RLS-like symptoms all over. it was very hard to tell them apart. kratom definitely helped with the withdrawal.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:When I stopped methadone after being dependent (and I know you have before, too), I had RLS-like symptoms all over. it was very hard to tell them apart. kratom definitely helped with the withdrawal.

Kratom I do have like 3 kilos lol

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:When I stopped methadone after being dependent (and I know you have before, too), I had RLS-like symptoms all over. it was very hard to tell them apart. kratom definitely helped with the withdrawal.

Kratom I do have like 3 kilos lol

It did not stop the RLS - but it stopped the withdrawal symptoms from stopping the opioid. Then I only needed to treat the RLS, not the withdrawal, too.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I had almost forgotten about my stash of Kratom I will try to use it if I have withdrawals. I am going to begin August 9th at 1 mg of Suboxne a day. I will take a third of it 3 times a day. If withdrawals I will try Kratom. I have a lot of it in capsules of about 1.3 grams each. When I took it to replace meds I would take maybe 8 or 10 grams. I will try probably 4 grams at first to see if it helps. If not about the max I can take is 12 grams.

I purchased a bunch of it for fear of not being supplied meds at some point. It was only thing I could find legal that would halfway work for my severe RLS. Funny now maybe it is no longer severe, maybe no longer a problem at all. It would truly be a miracle if so. Even taking 2 mg rather than 4 mg is a wonder to my wife and I, it has been such a terrible ordeal for so long. I would give most anything to be normal again as I know everyone here on this forum would like also.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I have no knowledge of trying to get off the suboxne. I do remember that when I was trying to get off mirapex, I couldn't wean down hardly at all. Finally just had to stop it, but I don't know if that would be wise with suboxne. Maybe when you get to the lowest dose possible.
Like Ann said, I also used kramtom for the withdrawal symptoms when I stopped methadone, but it was a month of hell.
Good luck

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I have no knowledge of trying to get off the suboxne. I do remember that when I was trying to get off mirapex, I couldn't wean down hardly at all. Finally just had to stop it, but I don't know if that would be wise with suboxne. Maybe when you get to the lowest dose possible.
Like Ann said, I also used kramtom for the withdrawal symptoms when I stopped methadone, but it was a month of hell.
Good luck

Suboxone is a opioid, very bad withdrawsals are possible as I have been on it 5 years. Addicts who use it to get off heroin etc usually only take it less than a year. The longer one is on it the worse to get off it. So far not bad though.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

First day of 1 mg Suboxone down from 4 mg. Last week I did 2 mg. I did get terrible headache today and took 5 grams (4 capsules) of Kratom. Headache was gone in an hour. A little dizzy a few times today but not bad day at all. Hope sleep is same. Night.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hope you sleep soundly and wake up happy and refreshed - - every night. I can't believe you're down to 1 mg. I mean, I can, but WOW.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Terrific !

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

EeFall - you are doing so well :thumbup:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:First day of 1 mg Suboxone down from 4 mg. Last week I did 2 mg. I did get terrible headache today and took 5 grams (4 capsules) of Kratom. Headache was gone in an hour. A little dizzy a few times today but not bad day at all. Hope sleep is same. Night.

YAY!

Managing Your RLS

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Day 2 on 1 mg good also! Same headache around noon and took Aleve but it never went totally away so took 4 capsules of Kratom and fine since then. I feel like it must be a dream but I know it is really happening.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Wonderful. I would stay at that level for a little while, maybe?

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:Wonderful. I would stay at that level for a little while, maybe?

You mean more than one week :lol: my wife mentioned that also so I suppose I am anxious to go down to nothing and see if I am really free of RLS. I don't want to mess it all up though so I will see how it goes if I even can go two weeks at 1 mg. At even 1 mg my meds would be 4 times cheaper! I've got to know if RLS is totally gone though too, taking suboxone year after year is not a good thing. I slept over 7 hours last night although over 8 the previous few days. I got a Fitbit for my birthday and it tracks sleep also. We have been breaking our goal of 10,000 steps a day for awhile now and I am down 23 lbs.