What Severe RLS is Like

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Re: What Severe RLS is Like

Post by Polar Bear »

Could it be inner ear ?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Could it be inner ear ?

Don’t know but I’m okay today. Weirdest physical thing to ever happen to me, thought I must be dying when it happened. Hopefully it will never happen again. Online it mentions crystals moving around within inner ear but have no idea, could have many causes. It was just so fast and bizarre.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Sounds like inner ear. My Aunt had it often. Maybe fluid in your ear or an infection, but her inner ear would just go away. No infection, etc. Some times lasted a couple of days.
Hope it doesn't come back.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I have had vertigo on and off for about 15 years. The first time was the worst - woke up feeling a bit off, rolled over and then fell out of bed from the extreme dizziness. Vomited in the elevator - in a high rise and was trying to get to the hospital - and in the cab (the whole ride). Good heavens, that is the strangest feeling...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:I have had vertigo on and off for about 15 years. The first time was the worst - woke up feeling a bit off, rolled over and then fell out of bed from the extreme dizziness. Vomited in the elevator - in a high rise and was trying to get to the hospital - and in the cab (the whole ride). Good heavens, that is the strangest feeling...

Sounds like my experience except I was just turning over to right side in bed. It felt like when I turned over I fell into a void. My wife sat up with me and I figured out I could not turn to right or it would be severe again, looking to left was just dizzy. So I sat like a stature in bed being afraid to move. Had my wife move a waste can within reach of vomiting but never did. Eventually I fell asleep. Since then I notice dizzy spells but nothing like that one experience.

We went over what happened again and a few hours, maybe 3 or 4 hours before we went to Thai restaurant and I did have a glass of white wine. With Suboxone I am not supposed to drink. Maybe it was cause but has never happened before. Maybe Thai food had something to do with it in combination. Besides other things to eat hat some extreme spicy hot green curry. :D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well.... anyone looking in through my front room window will think I've lost the plot.
I'm knitting an item that needs finished, my legs are going daft..... I'm walking up and down the room whilst knitting, with the ball of yarn trailing behind me, and wrapping itself around my feet.

Best go and close the window blinds !!

Edit:: 7.15pm. Realised I was late taking my 5pm tablets and discovered my lunchtime dose still in the dispenser. Little wonder my symptoms were crazy.
That's what happens when you have a girly lunch and lose track of time.
Still paying for it.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Great visual, Betty! So sorry you missed that dose - truly hell to pay when we do.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Indeed Ann, no matter what I did, walk walk walk, and also took extra medication, the symptoms were in full swing from 2pm until after 10 pm. At about 9.30pm I took a Tramadol from the stash (as well as the other extra meds) and sure as anything, within about 20 minutes I could just feel the symptoms slide away like snow off a ditch. Mind you, I was hyped as anything and of course sleep was super elusive.
Betty

badnights

Post by badnights »

Ah gee Betty. I haven't had symptoms that bad in years. I cringe to recall them, I actually feel fear. And you're living with it. I wish something much, much better than that for you. :(
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

badnights - it's not often like that and of course it was all my own fault that it was so bad.
Betty

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I now set alarms on my phone for meds. It helps. I could see you knitting and walking. I am so sorry.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Deb - I used to set 4 daily alarms on my phone. When they went off the grandchildren would shout - ""tablets Granny"... :)

Then I got lazy..... then did it some more..... and then didn't
Betty

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

We have an Amazon Echo and alarms are set for my meds but even then I shut off alarm sometimes and get distracted. Later I find out the hard way I haven’t taken them lol.

I seem to be doing well. I have lost 45 pounds and in 34 waist pants and medium shirts which has not happened in this century :D My son complimented me on new glasses. Told him not new glasses (don’t have new glasses) new face. Wedding band fell off in restaurant the other day, need to resize rings.

Ran out of things to do in yard so we are going to go through each room in house and make everything as perfect as can be. I do have to spray Moss Out on roof and shed roof and other areas like fence but rains every day. Need at least one or two days of no rain or it just washes off before killing moss.

I have been listening to audio books, now going through one about every two days. I am bored stiff. Art work has stopped for awhile as I am pondering it I guess. My wife is out walking with friend, she has lost almost as much weight. She was diagnosed with diabetes so it scared her. Her doctor was very happy with her as her diabetes is practically nonexistent now.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Guess, you will have to find another hobby. How about taking an adult education class? I always enjoy those.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

EeFall - you have shown such determination. Congratulations on your weight loss.

For the moss on our driveway we use some sort of an acid that we dilute. It's from the local farm shop and it's used by the farmers to clean out the dairy after cow milking. Brilliant stuff, spray it on and leave it for a day. The moss turns white as it dies which isn't a good look, but soon blows away.
Betty