What Severe RLS is Like

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Re: What Severe RLS is Like

Post by Polar Bear »

Suboxone has quite a long half life (24 - 72 hours) and at first I was thinking it's possible that although you had cut down your dosage there was still some 'half-life' floating around your system. But really that might only account for the first 3 or 4 days and following that you were still feeling amazingly well.

I hope that you have success when you up your dosage to 2mg and if you again are in a position to consider reduction, perhaps try it a bit more slowly.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

agreed
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Deleted lol
Last edited by EeFall on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I had 3 1/2 hours sleep last night and after 3 days of less sleep than normal i'm not thinking well. Talked to wife and I am going to 2 mg immediately. It is a long half life and the past few days I have supplemented the 1 mg a few times by taking about a 1/4 more and also a little Kratom. I see now that while 2 mg worked 1 mg does not. I was back to my old severe RLS last night, getting worse.

There is hope and then there is reality - surprise - taking half is a good thing, I hope only 2 mg continues to work. At least I know now that I still have RLS which is not a smiley face but then i just have to make the best of what is given :D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

:thumbup: EeFall - you tried, and you have learned
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

It's still a big bonus to have cut it in half. And you sound so much more relaxed and optimistic and just generally happier these days :D Partly the retirement working out so well, but probably also the decreased symptoms and lowered med dose. OVerall, pretty good!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Back to "normal" at 2 mg dose. 8 hours and 10 minutes sleep last night. Still a little more tired than usual but I suspect it will be okay tomorrow. Yeah 1/2 meds is a victory, but it shattered my illusion of getting totally well. That's life :lol:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:Back to "normal" at 2 mg dose. 8 hours and 10 minutes sleep last night. Still a little more tired than usual but I suspect it will be okay tomorrow. Yeah 1/2 meds is a victory, but it shattered my illusion of getting totally well. That's life :lol:

Been there, done that!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Woke up at 2 am for day, restless. Took 1/8 of 2 mg sublingual film or 1/4 mg to see if it will help. Could be not enough in my system yet, or yikes, 2 mg is not enough. Will just continue taking 2 mg for awhile and hope it starts working again everyday. 4 1/2 hours sleep.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

When I reduce or stop methadone for awhile, it takes about two weeks for me to get back to my regular dose working...

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:When I reduce or stop methadone for awhile, it takes about two weeks for me to get back to my regular dose working...

At 7 pm I was moving my feet like crazy sitting in recliner watching a movie so I took a 1/2 mg more suboxone. Went to bed at 8 pm and okay. Woke at 10 pm and took my late night dose and it is 11 pm and never got back to sleep. Now standing in kitchen writing this trying to think what to do. I guess I will take some more. I guess I will take 1 mg or 1/2 of a 2 mg sheet. Sick of this already.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

it really might take up to a week or two at a stable dose to see if it works. I find that it takes almost nothing to make me sick of it anymore - I think it is the years of having dealt with it, we get to the point we have NO patience anymore.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I still think that you are just on the roller coaster. You were in a good period and able to reduce the meds, and now it's gotten worse. It will get better again. I used to always think I could go down to nothing with the meds, and then it would flare up.
I also get that immediate I'm sick of this when it gets bad.
At least you aren't working.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I still think that you are just on the roller coaster. You were in a good period and able to reduce the meds, and now it's gotten worse. It will get better again. I used to always think I could go down to nothing with the meds, and then it would flare up.
I also get that immediate I'm sick of this when it gets bad.
At least you aren't working.

A little less than 5 hours sleep, woke at 2am took more suboxone then at 3am took more but had to get up for day. Sorry I messed with meds now. Yes, at least not working. Doesn't look to me as I can do 2mg maybe 3mg. I will think on it today but might have to go back to 4mg for awhile and see if I can slowly go down to 2mg again and no lower! Problem occurred when I went to 1mg. I am jealous of my wife's sleep she always sleeps like a rock :lol:

Yes roller coaster. I'm too old for this ...

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:it really might take up to a week or two at a stable dose to see if it works. I find that it takes almost nothing to make me sick of it anymore - I think it is the years of having dealt with it, we get to the point we have NO patience anymore.

Sick of it and no patience left I agree.

Also bunions both feet now, doc made orthodox molds for both feet yesterday for inserts that I will get in 3 weeks. I would like to know how many thousands of miles my feet have traveled because of RLS, but then maybe it is better not to know. Doc said it wouldn't be so bad but I am getting arthritis in toes and fingers. A few more reasons that RLS is not a good thing as one gets older.