Pokemon Go

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rustsmith

Pokemon Go

Post by Rustsmith »

I am curious if anyone else has begun playing Pokemon Go as a way to kill the hours when your RLS has kicked in for one reason or another and you have to walk around?

I am fortunate in that I live within a historic and arts district that has become a major Pokemon Go attraction in our town. I see all ages at ALL times of the day walking around playing. It has been especially interesting to meet some of the college age kids out at 3AM, which is when some of the less common characters make their appearance. Each group of them that I have run into have immediately accepted me as part of their group as we walk around hunting for new characters to collect, celebrating when we find them or reach special milestones. During the day, I have seen grandparents out with their elementary age grandchildren (both are playing), parents with children in strollers, and groups of kids walking around who obviously need the exercise.

It has been a bit of a problem in our neighborhood because of the crowds of people walking around starring at their phones on weekend afternoons, but at least it has been successful in getting people to get outside and get more exercise.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Pokemon Go

Post by Polar Bear »

I know little of Pokemon Go other than folks are searching for icons that appear on their iphone.

The media is full of stories about what people are getting up to, however, in our little market town population 9,000 I've yet to see anyone obviously actively searching. ??
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I haven't - I wonder...how active is the game at night? Would you find things at 3 AM, lol?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

The game is active 24/7. Like any other game where you collect things, there are common Pokemon characters, rare ones and ones that are highly desired. I have been having the best luck this past week finding either rare or highly desirable ones at 3AM. When I walk around during the day (often because I was late with my methadone dose and have to walk until it kicks in), I usually find the common ones (like the Pigeon and Rat characters) that are only good for running up your total score. Also, with fewer people at 3AM, it seems like it often becomes more of a cooperative group effort since if one person finds something good, then everyone gets to get it as well.
Steve

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Maybe I should download it...I'll have to sneak out, though, as my husband locks us in around 8 PM with security fit for a prison, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS