Painful PLM's

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Painful PLM's

Post by debbluebird »

During the last year, my PLM's have become more and more severe. My poor leg is suffering. Every night, when is starts to jerk my leg, it feels like my leg is going to be pulled right from my body. The muscle deep inside near the top of the leg hurts the most. Sometimes when it starts while I am asleep, I wake up with a yell, it hurts so much. My poor leg is now weak because of it. I feel the pain when I use that leg, to lift it up into the car or just getting into bed. It is sore all the time. I'm wondering if it could rip something inside there.

ViewsAskew

Re: Painful PLM's

Post by ViewsAskew »

It sounds miserable, Deb. And very worrisome that is would continue to get worse.

Any chance it could be something else?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Re: Painful PLM's

Post by debbluebird »

I don't think so. Sometimes, before the PLM makes my leg jerk, I can feel the muscle sort of vibrate. I know that the PLM is coming. The area is just worn out from being jerked, pulled.
When I first went back on Methadone, my symptoms were very quiet. I slept a lot. Slowly, they have increased. Now, most nights, I am up for an hour or so, in the middle of the night, so the PLM's will stop.