RLS and pregnancy

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
swebb

RLS and pregnancy

Post by swebb »

Hey everyone. I was hoping someone could help ease my mind a little. I am currently starting my 5th month of pregnancy (first baby, so I dont know what to expect) and I was wondering if RLS is more prominate in the second and maybe 3rd trimesters?

I did not have it in my first trimester at all. I have always had RLS, but got it under control for a while- then- just in the past month (throughout my 4th month) it has shown back up - and with a vengence.

I cant sleep at night. I am all over the place. During the day, while sitting down, I get ancy and have the feeling like I need to run around the block a million times. It has gotten to the point that I am getting NO rest (hence the restless part) and I am wearing down.

I obviously cannot do any otc drugs, and nor rx drugs (that I know are safe during pregnancy- but I may be wrong) that are safe enough.. wondered if there was anything I could do, as to where I didnt have to ingest anything.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any feedback. :)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

swebb, there are several thread on pregnancy in the Special Populations section; you might want to cruise through some of them. I haven't been pregnant, so am not the best one to help. I do know it's worst in the 3rd trimester, though :( .

Also try the Non-Pharm section; lots of people have listed things they've tried. Reading the posts will give you he best amount of info. Also, try looking at the links in this post: http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=549

The RLS Rebel site is listed- she has lot's of great ideas on handling RLS without drugs. There may be some other posts related to pregnancy, too.

Good luck!

Ann