Two hours of sleep

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS/WED sections.
debbluebird

Re: Two hours of sleep

Postby debbluebird » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:51 am

The Carb/Levi is working for my bad nights.

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:10 am

Good!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Postby badnights » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:44 am

:D (just don't overuse it)

re the exercise - You're saying that being physically active during the day seems to make the symptoms less bad that night? I'm not surprised. I have notice the same thing. I also notice that when I exercise too much - when I'm too tired and do a workout that's too intense for my current physical state - I have bad symptoms about an hour afterward.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:12 am

Me too. I can over do, then it's bad.

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:31 am

I saw the physical therapist today. I told him that I would probably pay for what he was puting me through, all the twisting and stretching. Unfortunately I was right. My leg started getting bad this afternoon. I was sleepy and wanted to nap. I have already taken both methadone tablets early. Jerking was bad and the burning pain in the thigh. He thinks the burning pain is coming from the hip.
The MRI results came back with minimal problems. Full of arthritis, but mild stenosis, several mild disk bulges, with the end results saying negative in all areas. I've already had surgery for spinal stenosis in 2003. At least that's not worse.
He wants me to exercise my legs once a day, 10 reps, to see how it effects my legs. He wants me to strengthen the leg muscles. I see him again in a week.
I've had a lot of physical therapy over the years. It was amazing to see how much I've lost in terms of being limber. It also tells me I need to exercise during the winter. I tend to hibernate in the winter.

badnights

Postby badnights » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 am

It sure doesn't take long to stiffen up and lose muscle mass. I hope you continue with the exercises and after a few days maybe the RLS won't flare up from doing them - maybe it will sort of normalize somehow.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

legsbestill

Postby legsbestill » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:37 pm

There is a webinar on the foundation website about physical devices. My memory is that it says that in studies the restiffics wraps were found to be about the most effective physical treatment for RLS symptoms. Conversely, the relaxis was not found to be effective (though, strangely, it was found to be good for inducing sleep) - this does not correspond with my own experience with relaxis which is that it can be quite useful - especially if I have to go to bed during the day time - it really helps to settle symptoms then. I haven't tried Restiffics wraps. Would be very interested to hear about them.

Return to “General Topics: RLS/WED”