Two hours of sleep

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS/WED sections.
Rustsmith

Re: Two hours of sleep

Postby Rustsmith » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:55 am

Deb, so sorry that your family is having to go through this. Hope there is better news next week once the side effects of the chemo and radiation treatments start to wear off.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:59 am

Thanks

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:33 am

The three good days ended abruptly. I was up all night last night and only slept a few this morning. It's 7 pm and I would love to go to sleep. I took all my meds today, which I usually don't take during the day, just to get a few hrs. I think I got 3 to 4. I'm going to use up all of my reserve, almost.

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:48 pm

I'm beginning to suspect my diuretic. I only took 1/2 yesterday morning and I didn't have any leg issues last night, I slept 12 hrs. That never happens after a bad previous night. The bad period always continues for a week or more. I took only a half this am. Then will resume a whole tablet one more time to make sure. I think this happened last week.

stjohnh

Postby stjohnh » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Most diuretics cause potassium and magnesium loss, in addition to water
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 am

I drink 12 to 15 cups of water everyday, but maybe that's it.

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:41 am

debbluebird wrote:I drink 12 to 15 cups of water everyday, but maybe that's it.

That is a lot - at least to me. I work hard to get in 5-7. Almost never make 8.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Postby Rustsmith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:30 am

Ann, the climate where Deb and I live is quite dry. So where 5 to 7 cups of water might be fine for where you live, 12 to 15 is what we need just to keep hydrated. I know that I probably drink eight cups of water or other drinks by lunchtime, and that does not count the extra 20 to 32 oz of gatorade that I down on the days when I go out for a run.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:43 am

Plus we have been working in the yard. It's been sunny. I believe altitude makes a difference too.
I have stage two kidney disease.

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:27 am

Steve, I NEED more, I just cannot make myself drink it! When in Colorada, Arizona, California, etc - I still do not drink enough. If I did not force myself, I would have about 2 cups.

Managing Your RLS

Yankiwi

Postby Yankiwi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am

Try drinking room temperature water through a straw. Cliff found that helpful when he was on a lot of painkillers.
I poured two liter bottles in the morning, one for him and one for me. That way we couldn't forget to drink it.

yawny

Postby yawny » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:44 pm

That's one of my biggest challenges every day...drinking water is the last thing I have interest in but know it's so important (if it was coffee, every last drop would be gone and I'd be wondering where it all went). Straws and setting out the entire amount you need to drink for the day really does help. My daily test is remembering where my glass is around the house because I have to hide it from my cats, otherwise they drink it or stick their paws in it. They have very little interest in their water bowls and instead delight in torturing me.

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Yankiwi wrote:Try drinking room temperature water through a straw. Cliff found that helpful when he was on a lot of painkillers.
I poured two liter bottles in the morning, one for him and one for me. That way we couldn't forget to drink it.

I keep water bottles in every room, lol.

Managing Your RLS

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 am

yawny wrote:That's one of my biggest challenges every day...drinking water is the last thing I have interest in but know it's so important (if it was coffee, every last drop would be gone and I'd be wondering where it all went). Straws and setting out the entire amount you need to drink for the day really does help. My daily test is remembering where my glass is around the house because I have to hide it from my cats, otherwise they drink it or stick their paws in it. They have very little interest in their water bowls and instead delight in torturing me.

Yup. I have three 24 oz water bottles with a built in straw. I keep one by my desk, on in the kitchen, and one where I sit to read. Between them, I usually manager 2-3 times what I would without them (which is maybe 16 oz). It still is not enough. When I live in a hot climate, I paid dearly for it...

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Postby debbluebird » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:04 am

I have to keep track of how much I'm drinking, or I would never drink enough.

Return to “General Topics: RLS/WED”