Vent

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
badnights

Re: Vent

Post by badnights »

I would be very angry with someone who challenged my use of kratom when there are so few other options available to me.
Absolutely. I was looking for a way to put a thumbsup here....
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Badnights -- If you click on 'full editor and preview' just below the reply post/reply box you will find Smilies over to the right. Click below them on 'View more smilies' and there is a thumbs up.

Weird thing is, sometimes the View More Smilies click works, and sometimes it doesn't.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

yawny

Post by yawny »

legsbestill wrote:Leggo, I find kratom far more helpful than MMJ. I could do without MMJ but I would find it difficult to manage without kratom what with central sleep apnea rendering opioids undesirable for me.

Legs, what's the longest duration of effectiveness that you get from Kratom? I tried it several times, two different strains, and got 1.5-3 hours each time.

yawny

Post by yawny »

leggo_my_legs wrote:I seem to be afraid of a lot of crap!

Are you possibly my long lost twin? I totally get it. I bought a bunch of Kratom, it arrived, and just sat untouched for at least a month. Finally I got desperate and tried it. It still makes me somewhat nervous, but not much doesn't. Recently, after yet another doctor told me I need to lessen my anxiety/fear, stop thinking I have control over anything except my responses, and to just...let go!, I was trying to let the good advice sink in and had an overwhelming thought...how can I NOT have anxiety/fear in this world? Is it really very wise to let go?

But then I look at my panic filled sleep and think maybe I'm overvaluing anxiety. :shifty:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:
Weird thing is, sometimes the View More Smilies click works, and sometimes it doesn't.

Usually because it is already open and in the background. it opens in its own window. I have forgotten to close it and then clicked to open it and nothing happened. Later, I shut all my windows and found that one still open.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

yawny wrote:
Are you possibly my long lost twin? I totally get it. I bought a bunch of Kratom, it arrived, and just sat untouched for at least a month. Finally I got desperate and tried it. It still makes me somewhat nervous, but not much doesn't.

:lol: Thanks, it feels good to be gotten!

I think the anxiety as a gene expression or environmental expression or life strategy...or all 3...starts early in life and is very hard to change.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thank you Ann. I didn't think of that.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

leggo_my_legs wrote:
I think the anxiety as a gene expression or environmental expression or life strategy...or all 3...starts early in life and is very hard to change.

Definitely hard, but not impossible. I wonder if - in and of itself - having anxiety makes a person less likely to try things to change it; it's an additional form of bias, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Yawny, I think about your levels of anxiety often - it really sounds chemical rather than a personality trait to me but maybe that's because it's not something I have typically struggled with. My mother was a self-confessed worrier and at times used it as a means of controlling our behaviour. In consequence, as a young adult I made a conscious decision not to allow myself to feel unduly anxious about things I cannot control. I made lots of conscious decisions in my youth that I have failed to abide by but luckily so far I still don't suffer from anxiety. I now think this is more to do with my personality than my anti-mother inclinations.

I take about 1 heaped tsp kratom at about 10pm (sometimes a little later) and it lasts me until about 1pm. I take another teaspoon then and that often gets me through to morning although sometimes I have to take a third dose about 3 or 4 am. It's funny but I always need the second dose at about 1 even if I take the first one later or earlier than the normal time. usually that controls the urge to move symptoms pretty well - though it's not 100% reliable. I now alternate my kratom periods with neupro periods. I take the kratom for a few weeks then I use neupro for maybe two weeks and then switch back to kratom. Neupro is much more reliable than kratom but after two or three weeks I start to need more than 1mg and then I switch back to kratom. My rls is much less severe than it used to be. Last Autumn I don't think kratom would have controlled it. I still have a lot of problems getting to sleep when I am taking kratom - I sleep much better when taking neupro. I'm not sure if kratom is as effective with PLMS as it is with RLS.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Ann, yes that makes sense. Because anxiety is about change too. Legs, thanks for the input re: kratom.