For UK Members

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

For UK Members

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not sure this impacts any of our current members. Most of these treatments are homeopathy or herbal, but to take awake the opioid combo for RLS seems cruel and unusual punishment to those with RLS!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk ... n-13368980
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: For UK Members

Post by Polar Bear »

Big NHS cuts in all areas here in the UK.
None of the medications listed affect me, but there will be those who will be very concerned.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

QyX

Re: For UK Members

Post by QyX »

Here in Europe there are two different versions of Oxycodone extended release forms on the market. One version is just Oxycodone and the other is Oxycodone + Naloxone which is way more expensive then regular extended release Oxycodone with only minor benefits.

They added the Naloxone to reduce problems with constipation. It works for some and for some it doesn't. Personally I can understand why the NHS doesn't want to pay for the expensive Oxycodone + Naloxone combination. There are many other ways to deal with constipation.

Regarding the fast release Fentanyl: there are couple of different Fentanyl release forms on the market except the patches. For example as spray or as lollilop. Personally I doubt that the spray is really necessary. From what I know these versions of Fentanyl are extremely expensive. You do not need a spray to deliver high potent opioids quickly. Normally the lollilop should be fine. Otherwise it is possible to administer opioids with intravenous, intramuscular or sub cutan injection.