Coping with Chronic Illness

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
ViewsAskew

Coping with Chronic Illness

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Coping with Chronic Illness

Post by Polar Bear »

Don’t let what you can’t do interfere with what you can do.’
John Wooden (1910-2010), NCAA basketball coach
This is taken from the above link -- What wonderful words.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:
Don’t let what you can’t do interfere with what you can do.’
John Wooden (1910-2010), NCAA basketball coach
This is taken from the above link -- What wonderful words.
YES!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Bridgercan

Post by Bridgercan »

Thank you, Ann, for posting that link! Reading it just helped me feeling a whole lot better about my choice to stay in bed and rest today while my spouse and friends went skiing. And it will help me figure how to pursue my hobbies (photography and writing) within my reality of each day’s here and now. I suddenly feel a lot better—yay!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Bridgercan wrote:Thank you, Ann, for posting that link! Reading it just helped me feeling a whole lot better about my choice to stay in bed and rest today while my spouse and friends went skiing. And it will help me figure how to pursue my hobbies (photography and writing) within my reality of each day’s here and now. I suddenly feel a lot better—yay!!
So glad it helped!

I have had to keep coming back to some of these lessons. The worst, for me, is when I feel good. When the meds are working well, when the other chronic things have let up. I think it's normal again. I think I can work full time. I look for jobs, I dream of starting one of the ten businesses I want to start.

And, then it all falls to pieces again. And, I am back at this lesson. Each time I have less to learn, the fall not as deep or far. But, come back I do. Maybe always will.

Managing Your RLS

Bridgercan

Post by Bridgercan »

ViewsAskew wrote:
I have had to keep coming back to some of these lessons.
OMG-so true! Story of my life :roll:
The worst, for me, is when I feel good. When the meds are working well, when the other chronic things have let up. I think it's normal again. I think I can work full time. I look for jobs, I dream of starting one of the ten businesses I want to start.

And, then it all falls to pieces again. And, I am back at this lesson. Each time I have less to learn, the fall not as deep or far. But, come back I do. Maybe always will.
Ditto to all that—especially when things are good and sleep is better, my imagination and passion for everything returns, and then, like you said, it falls apart. But you’re spot on about the less to learn, the less the fall is.

The hard part for me is to remember when things do fall apart, I do come back, that things are not nearly as awful as my monkey mind makes life out to be, especially at 3am on a sleepless night...

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Indeed!

Managing Your RLS