New Kratom User - when to take

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS/WED, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Eternityroad

Re: New Kratom User - when to take

Postby Eternityroad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 am

Kratom has been a real boon to me. I was on opioids for 8 years before I discovered Kratom. Been on Kratom for over two years. They have banned it in five states already so I have a bit of concern as to how long I can still obtain it. Now they are trying to ban vaping. I quit smoking nine years ago with the aid of vaping. Funny how they try to ban products that show real worth in helping a person to get better. And Kratom is a natural agent!I I never told my doctor I use Kratom. The mainstream medical profession is skeptical of any panacea that doesn't come out of a bottle.

Polar Bear

Postby Polar Bear » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:49 am

*Eternityroad* i am a very new user of Kratom. I am successfully weaning off ropinerole and am now in the last stages. in the last week or so I have introduced kratom to so far replace one of my remaining doses of ropinerole.

Like you my doctor is unaware I'm using it. It is illegal where I live but I'm willing to take a risk as I'm desperate to get off the ropinerole. It was ordered on line and delivered without issue.
Betty
http://www.willis-ekbom.org/about-rls-wed/publications
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Eternityroad

Postby Eternityroad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:56 am

It is good you can get it online despite it being banned in your state. Ropinerol was not effective with me. It quit working after two weeks.

Icantsleep

Postby Icantsleep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:52 am

brossman wrote:Can kratom be taken with Ultram (Tramadol)? After failing many drug regimens of DAs, sleeping pills, gabapentin, neurontin, and Lyrica, my doctor started me on 50 mg Ultram. I just increased it to 100 mg/day but am still waking 2-4 hours after taking it (and sometimes waking again 2 hours later) with "have to move" symptoms. Vaping CBD seems to help some, but I don't love vaping. Would kratom be a good addition, or should it not be taken with tramadol? Does it make you sleepy?

This is me , except I vape THC for the last 2.5 years and take 0.75 mg clonazepam in the middle of the night (I have taken clonazepam for 26 years )

I am now interested in Kratom to either add to or replace tramadol
I have just switched to tramadol 100mg ER and it is certainly not enough

Rustsmith

Postby Rustsmith » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 am

I was initially put on 100mg Tramadol ER last year. It helped the need to move, but it wasn't enough, especially since I was switching from methadone. Because I had 100mg tablets, I tried taking 200mg and that is what I needed. My doctor agreed to leave me on 200mg Tramadol ER. I should also add that I have always experienced opioid-induced insomnia. So I take my meds at lunchtime instead of bedtime. That allows the insomnia side effect to wear off in time for me to go to bed, which is when I take 600 to 900mg of gabapentin and a 5mg THC edible to help me with sleep.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Icantsleep

Postby Icantsleep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:20 am

https://www.canadakratomstore.com/produ ... k-5-x-1oz/

Any suggestions for the 5 samples ?

Steve : glad tramadol works for you all day and night
I’m not sure if I’d handle that much gabapentin ... I felt like 200mg was too much a few years ago
Not ruling it out though

Icantsleep

Postby Icantsleep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:29 am

.... seems after a bit of research most of us would benefit from Red strains for nighttime relief
Then yellow which is a mix, followed by green, which are stimulating strains

Eternityroad

Postby Eternityroad » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:42 am

I have been using Red Vein for over two years to good effect. One time, though, the batch wasn't very pure for some reason and I had to up my doses but all-in-all I have had great success with it. I use red vein throughout the day though I don't need much in the mornings through mid-afternoons. I take a large dose before bed and usually re-up with 1/4 tsp. in the middle of the night. But every body is different.

Icantsleep

Postby Icantsleep » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:57 am

Eternityroad wrote:I have been using Red Vein for over two years to good effect. One time, though, the batch wasn't very pure for some reason and I had to up my doses but all-in-all I have had great success with it. I use red vein throughout the day though I don't need much in the mornings through mid-afternoons. I take a large dose before bed and usually re-up with 1/4 tsp. in the middle of the night. But every body is different.

I went with another merchant and got 25g each of red maeng da, red Sumatra , red Borneo , and red Bali
$41 CAD all in with $10 of that going to express shipping .

Hoping it’s at my door by Monday at the latest
(Although I hope I get it at all lol )

stjohnh

Postby stjohnh » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:47 pm

Be aware that the amount of active chemicals in Kratom varies depending on how mature the leaves are, amount of water the tree gets, how hot or cold the growing location is and season. So there is going to be some natural variation from lot to lot, even from a reputable vendor. If you get a "weak" batch, it doesn't usually mean the batch was "impure."
Blessings,
Holland

Eternityroad

Postby Eternityroad » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Perhaps "impure" was a poor choice of words. I didn't mean "tainted" in any way. Just not as strong as I was accustomed. I can now tell how strong the batch is from the color of the batch. If it is a bright green and almost shiny then it is a strong batch. If it is a brownish-green then I have got a weaker batch and have to increase dosage. I have been getting from the same vendor for over a year so my determinations are vendor-specific and based on my own experience.

SquirmingSusan

Postby SquirmingSusan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:37 am

It actually depends on the person as far as which strains will work the best. I have issues with some of the stronger reds, like hulu or wild red. They make me weak and shaky, and sometimes act as a stimulant for me. For me, some of the non-energetic greens are the best, like green Bali or green elephant. I recently bought some gold Bali, and it's the best strain yet for RLS.

If you haven't checked out Herbal RVA yet, I highly recommend them. I think they have the best prices out there, have high quality kratom, and their service is great. You need to search for "speciosa" like at the SoCal site (they're also a good vendor).
Susan

Icantsleep

Postby Icantsleep » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:11 am

So I actually told my family doctor I have taken, and plan to take more kratom

First to get off of tramadol, then potentially as the first line in rls treatment
He had no problem with this, and also prescribed me low dose clonidine for the tramadol withdrawal .

I then told the 2 pharmacists the exact same thing while they filled the clonidine, and they were totally ok with me taking kratom

I'm unsure how much more kratom / clonidine / THC / clonazepam I'll take during this process , but it's nice to have options
(All are basically a per use basis except maybe one early morning clonidine dose)

Return to “Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, Diet”