Generic for Lyrica

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
frhinck

Generic for Lyrica

Post by frhinck »

Has anyone tried the FDA approved generic Rx of pregabalin in place of Lyrica? If so did it perform as well as the brand version? I am currently at 200 mg/day dosage, with PLM occurring about every other night which I can usually combat by reading for about an hour. Thanks, Fred

stjohnh

Re: Generic for Lyrica

Post by stjohnh »

You may be the first on this forum. Generic Lyrica was approved only a few months ago and it usually takes manufacturers at least a couple of months to get their manufacturing facilities and FDA approvals complete before the generic is actually available to purchase.
Blessings,
Holland

curqlink

Post by curqlink »

I just went to look at my bottle. Sure enough it no longer says Lyrica on the bottle. I was wondering why my out of pocket co-pay went way down a few months ago. So the only difference i can tell is the price.

frhinck

Post by frhinck »

Thanks. My refill is not due yet, but I will check to see what the copay difference is .