Attempting to get off Ropinirole - again

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Icantsleep

Re: Attempting to get off Ropinirole - again

Postby Icantsleep » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:17 pm

ViewsAskew wrote:Marie - I think you are such a nice sweet person that they may be taking advantage of you. Do you have someone who can some with you? I have gone with my best friend as an advocate, and for my mother. Sometimes someone else who will be a bit more forceful can do what we cannot.

I agree with this

Bring a family member who can articulate how this disease has lowered your quality of life.
How your RLS impacts not just you , but those around you.
I brought my wife to my last appointment and that was very helpful
There was no brushing off the both of us .

This is serious and the more people on board with you the better
There is safety in numbers !

oceanwalker

Postby oceanwalker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Thank you every one for all your help !
I will do it....
oh BTW I learned that Ropinirole will no longer be available here in Canada?

Thank you
Marie (Oceanwalker)

oceanwalker

Postby oceanwalker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:40 pm

Thank you *I can'tsleep Views and Q for your replies ... Yes you are all correct But I have asked several times... I am going to see the doc again soon in the new year and I will demand to see a neurologist...See what this all brings about
Thank you all again
Marie (Oceanwalker)

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 pm

WIsh I could go with you. I know you have asked multiple times and that must be so frustrating not be be heard. Whatever you do, try your hardest to be as assertive as you can, even if that isn't comfortable. I noticed that you said that you asked - one thing I have found is that I have better outcomes when I switch to statements instead of asking. Asking gets you yes or no. and a no from a doc usually means I shut up. Statements require something different. "For my health and based on published research, I want to do X," requires the doctor to address that and talk to you, telling you why and what.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

oceanwalker

Postby oceanwalker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Hello Viewsakew: Yes you are correct Statements are more profound You are all correct and I WILL DO That:)
Thank you for your encouragement ...after all it's MY Body ...
Again Thanks:) to you and all

Sincerely,
Marie aka Oceanwalker

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:48 pm

oceanwalker wrote:Hello Viewsakew: Yes you are correct Statements are more profound You are all correct and I WILL DO That:)
Thank you for your encouragement ...after all it's MY Body ...
Again Thanks:) to you and all

Sincerely,
Marie aka Oceanwalker

YES! It IS your body.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “Prescription Medications”