JANUARY 2020 New Members

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Polar Bear

JANUARY 2020 New Members

Post by Polar Bear »

1ST jANUARY 2020

Welcome today to

Bobbityboo who has just recently developed rls and I feels as though life has been turned upside down.

RLS certainly changes things for us. Please post and tell us how you are coping. We have all rls sufferers and would like to help.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Welcome to Marybons

Post by Polar Bear »

1st January 2020

Welcome to

Marybons - who has had rls for over 25 years.

Do tell us how you have managed your rls, share your experience with us and tell us if you are using medication.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Re: JANUARY 2020 New Members

Post by Polar Bear »

1st January 2020

Welcome to

Slim4922 for whom Rls has been a problem for years but has recently got worse. Slim4922 also suffers from other medical conditions which may be related and is wondering about a change of medication.

Please do start a thread here in the Just Joined Forum. Tell us about your RLS and related conditions, what medications you are taking and feel free to ask any questions.
Betty

Polar Bear

Welcome to DanF

Post by Polar Bear »

2nd January 2020

Welcome to

DanF who cannot sleep due to RLS and is also bother when sitting.

This is so typical of RLS, we all understand. Please post and tell us how you have been coping with your symptoms, what medications you may have tried or what else you have tried for relief. We always try to help on the way forward.
Betty

Polar Bear

Welcome to Silvrday

Post by Polar Bear »

2nd January 2020

Welcome today to

Silvrday whose husband is the one who suffers from RLS/PLMD starting within the past year. He has other issues as well but the RLS/PLMD has affected him greatly and Silvrday is trying to find ways to help him so that he can deal with his other medical issues more easily, in an effort to resume a normal everyday life for him.

Your husband is very fortunate that you are taking an interest in his rls and that you are trying to help. Not all sufferers are so lucky.
Please make a Post in the Just Joined Forum giving details of his rls and medications taken for it. Tell us also of his other medical conditions and any other medications he takes. Other medical conditions and other medications can aggravate rls.
Betty

badnights

Welcome to Mags5

Post by badnights »

Jan 3 -

Please welcome Mags5, who has chronic RLS, PLMD, and lower limb neuropathy that seems to be getting worse with time.

Welcome Mags5. We can relate, believe me! I don't remember what a normal sleep is.I hope this place brings you comfort and useful information that can make your life better.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Welcome to armin.porter

Post by badnights »

Jan 3 -
Please welcome armin.porter, who was struck with constant WED/RLS after stage 3 melanoma at age 32. (Previously she only had it during the 2-3 weeks of pregnancy. ) Her main problem now is fighting the DEA and FDA for her monthly prescription.

armin.porter, you're unfortunately not the only facing battles to get scripts. Please feel free to start a new topic, in this Forum or another one, and tell us a bit more about the situation you find yourself in. Other members might be able to offer useful advice. At the very least, an understanding ear! It is so hard to face those battles when you're stressed from the disease and the lack of sleep. Also feel free to respond to posts in any Topic. So sorry things are not going well for you. Hugs.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Welcome to kgut

Post by Polar Bear »

4 January 2020

Welcome to

kgut who has RLS and wants to hear about treatments

You've come to the right place. There is lots to read and learn. When you are ready please post and ask questions, give us details of what you have tried, what has or has not worked and we will try to help.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Welcome skybootsnc

Post by ViewsAskew »

5 January 2020

Welcome to skybootsnc who has been taking pramipexole and is interested in the possibility of a drug holiday and how it could help.

Lots of resources here. Please post if you want to ask any specific questions.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Welcome Bubba

Post by ViewsAskew »

Also on 5 January 2020,

Welcome to Bubba, whose symptoms are getting much worse. Bubba, we are wondering if you are using a dopamine agonist. Please start a new post and let us know more about your situation.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Welcom to Chopmylegsoff

Post by ViewsAskew »

5 January 2020,

We welcome Chopmylegsoff - which many of us have likely wanted to do! Let us know what you have tried and hopefully we can help.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Welcome to Tony1877

Post by Polar Bear »

6th January 2020

Welcome today to:

Tony1877 who has suffered RSL for as long as he can remember.
He does everything to stay healthy but is concerned things are getting worse and the interrupted sleep will affect his health.
He is desperate to find natural remedies and refusesto take any more pharmaceutical medications prescribed by the doctor as there are always side effects. Tony is looking forward to reading about other people’s stories.

We are all sufferers, we fully understand all that you say. Please post and tell us of your rls journy, your medications, what you have tried and hope to try.. We are hear to support and to try to help
Betty

Rustsmith

Welcome to Tommk

Post by Rustsmith »

Monday, January 6

Welcome to

Tommk, who has leg nerve damage, peripheral neuropathy and now RLS. He is on gabapentin and carb/levo. Nothing seems to work after 6 months using these RX drugs. Spend 15-30 minutes excessively moving my legs at night before he can fall asleep. And sleep is shallow, waking 4-5 times a night.

The problem is most likely the carb/levodopa. Augmentation is a side effect for dopamine agonist drugs that is specific to RLS and most doctors have no idea what it is. Augmentation is when the med stops helping and starts making your RLS worse. Assuming it was a neurologist who put you on carb/levo, you either need to educate this one or better yet, find one who understands how to treat RLS.

For more info in augmentation, take a look through our forum on that topic, but keep in mind that carb/levo is not generally used to treat RLS because it can cause augmentation in a matter of days.
Steve

badnights

Welcome to janw75

Post by badnights »

Please welcome janw75, who has severe WED/RLS and needs help. After weight-loss surgery, meds cause sickness.

janw75, feel free to start a Topic and tell us more about your situation.Did you have WED/RLS before the surgery? And now, is it the RLS/WED meds that make you sick or other meds?

Here, you're among people who know what you mean when you say "severe RLS". We've been thru the wringer. I hope you find some kind of relief from being here; there;s a wealth of experience among our members. Welcome.

ViewsAskew

Welcome to Swiilet

Post by ViewsAskew »

Please welcome Swiilet, who has had symptoms since they were a child. It worsened in the last couple years and relief was found by turning off wifi at night. '

Welcome. Thank you for joining; please feel free to start a topic and share your experiences.

Managing Your RLS