Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by debbluebird »

How horrible for all concerned.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, my. That poor woman - does she live alone? And, to have her at your door like that. Must have been difficult.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:Oh, my. That poor woman - does she live alone? And, to have her at your door like that. Must have been difficult.
She does live alone. We don't know much about her really other than she has a few people visit her once in awhile, mostly family, and that she had brain surgery and has to take medication for it which we have been told she stops taking. She has not come back from wherever they sent her. I hope she does not return unless they have made sure she will not harm herself or anyone else.

We went to bed at 9 pm and I read until 11 pm. At 11:45 pm I was still awake and by 1 am I was moving around in bed from RLS even though I had taken all my Suboxone for the day so I got up. This is happening more often. The night before I slept about 7 hours but the 2 nights before that I slept 3 hours and 4 hours. I took half of my morning Suboxone when I got up so I could sit down. Hopefully it will start working better soon.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I slept last night (my wife even commented that I was in a deep sleep) but I never slept or went back to bed the previous night (my last post). So tonight will be most likely a repeat of a no sleep night except for the hour I got then woke up with RLS. I was careful to taken my Suboxone (generic) 4 times during the day like I should. I am surprised that the meds are not working. Have no clue what is happening. I am not going to take any extra tonight and see what happens.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I slept about an hour last night and woke cause of RLS. Fell asleep in recliner at 2:30 am for 2 hours and then up for day. So tired took about 8 grams of kratom which improved my day until I got really down.

So now it is 10 pm and can’t go to bed cause of RLS. My generic Suboxone isn’t working as it should. Also they called me from pharmacy to say they won’t be able to fill prescription for a couple of weeks cause of pandemic! Thankfully I have some backup from all the times over the last years that I have tried to cut down dosage.

If it stops working I don’t know what I will do. I knew it could happen but hoped it wouldn’t yikes.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I feel so grateful for my stash. you never know what you might be limited. Glad you have one.

Maybe this is just a blip. Hopefully.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am also building a stash.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:I feel so grateful for my stash. you never know what you might be limited. Glad you have one.

Maybe this is just a blip. Hopefully.
My wife had me go to bed at 6:30 pm last night as had zero sleep night before. I was pretty out of it lol. Woke up after 8.5 hours of sleep and feel awesome so maybe it was a blip :)

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:I am also building a stash.
Also have a kratom stash in case of world shattering emergency but I still can’t get my mind around this pandemic- it actually happened.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I went to bed at 9 pm and woke at 11 pm with RLS symptoms of having to move around and feeling uncomfortable. I just don't get it. Maybe it is like all the other meds that stopped working, maybe buprenorphine is failing too. Mirapex lasted about 6 or 7 years, then I started having problems with it. I think I have taken this med for about 8 years which is a record.

I called up the pharmacy today about picking up my buprenorphine and they are going to deliver it to my door tomorrow by a company that they have hired. I forgot to ask if it costs anything so I hope I don't have sticker shock :oops:

My mother called today and she fell again in her apartment. Hurt her hip again but this is second time in week paramedics came. The lady in apartment below her heard her hit, good thing as she couldn't get up. Ticks me off about the pandemic and not even being able to visit her. Thankfully she just bruised her hip or would have been taken to hospital.

Just read this article on online news: That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief by Scott Berinato. The article pointed out that grief is what many people are feeling right now during pandemic, it doesn't happen only to someone who is grieving a loss but many are now worrying (grieving) about loved ones even though they don't have the virus yet. Guilty as charged.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Sorry your mother had another fall, it's a worry.

The article about grief.... I absolutely get it.
I am so worried about losing one of my loved ones.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

The prescription delivery was free but then the guy who delivered it at the door at about 9 pm was 60 plus years old himself and I could tell he had a hectic day so gave him a $5 tip which he appreciated. I felt for him, he shouldn't be out in the pandemic like that.

My mother fell 6 times total and the 6th time the medics came and took her to hospital where they found she now has a hair line fracture of her hip. She has been there a few days and I believe tomorrow she will be in a old folks home recovering as she is not well enough to take care of herself yet. Dang! She couldn't have picked a worse time for something like this to happen, we can't even go to see her. My younger brother who is not that young, 55 years old, has been the only family she is able to see in person and made all the arrangements. I sure hope she doesn't get the coronavirus.

We had a Fred Meyer store do the shopping for us today and just pulled up into their pickup parking and they put the items in our car. Nice way to shop during these times. We didn't even know stores did that until now.

I went to bed at 9 pm but never slept so got up about 11:30 pm and I'm still not tired enough to sleep. I did sleep well last night but I have been having lower back pain which gets worse the longer I sleep. This morning was very painful. I purchased an SI (sacroiliac joint) belt a few weeks ago at Amazon that helps a lot. I have not been diagnosed with this problem but I purchased a belt for pain a few months ago which did nothing and returned it for the SI belt after reading up on the pain I was having and it works really well, which means I suppose that I have found the problem.

I do a lot of work inside and outside the house which makes it worse but on the other hand I enjoy the exercise and refuse to sit down doing nothing all day. Besides RLS and suboxone makes me pretty hyper. Besides how can I justify the subject line for this Forum Post "Riding the Big One and Hanging Ten" if I give up on riding the wave of life :lol:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

We went to bed after 10 pm this evening and that is when I discovered I had forgotten to take my 8 pm dose of buprenorphine (Suboxone). By then I was already getting restless so said goodnight to my wife and went back to the living room. It is now 2:20 am yikes. We have Alexa programmed to tell me when to take my meds during the day and my smartphone has an app that reminds me also. Plus my wife often reminds me to take my meds when all else fails. Tonight we watched Armageddon (Bruce Willis movie) again for the umpteenth time over the years and was totally involved in saving the world so now I sit waiting to go to bed :lol:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I had a normal nights sleep. I feel like I should be dancing around in circles and shouting YES at the top of my lungs.

:clap: :crazy: :lol:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Please do......dance in circles. Shout yes.
I would :)
Betty