Some days you row, others you float...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
becat

Post by becat »

First of all, thanks to you gals for making me a bit less nervous about the media stuff. Looks like I'm up again for a local NBC daily show here in Dallas this week. So glad I said it out loud, the support will certainly be in my heart, less on my shoulders.
Hazel, ggod gosh hon, what a week for you. Who was going to be Glenda the good witch, run over to Hazel's and help her out with a strong wand of love and good news for a change. Poor thing. I'm sending duct tape for the mirror and the tor. And a rope to tie you down so you don't blow away LOL.
Hey ya'll we had 20 minutes of rain yesterday, thankfully I did not have to put my feathers on and dance for it. LOL
Ya'll hang on this week. It's bound to get better.
Hug love and the moon
Lynne

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Ann, the Emerald City salon would have been nice, I could have used a polish!
We can make a dimple smile out of a frown.
Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown? Uh-huh!
Jolly Old town!
Clip, clip here, Clip, clip there, We give the roughest claws.
That certain air of savoir faire, In the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Heck that was a fairly normal week, ya know I am related to those Dog Patch Yocums, and I am all most certain the lil guy who had the cloud and lightening bolts hovering overhead all the time!

**************Positive Energy to Lynne******************* Way to Go! I am just so glad that the opportunity for you to share your RLS experience is helping to educate so many more people - while the name is out there so few really know what RLS is or how it affects one's life. If you run short on feathers, let me know!

Duct tape always appreciated, doubt that I need to worry about being blown away! hahahaha Over the last year I have kept gaining weight ... ughhhh Though being full of hot air might make a difference!

Jan I hope you are doing better.

Sending Cool thoughts to all, *************Cool Positive Thoughts******** Ms Penquin, I hope you can use some!

Did the 400 some odd mile trip to Oklahoma this weekend. Between stretch stops and front seat boogey it wasn't too bad, though the first night Will said I kicked all night and I was up and down quite a few times... second night he got a room with a whirlpool bath, and I slept like a baby. Thought back after Will reminded me that using the whirl pool bath seemed to always help and

It does help, Before the RLS diagnosis when he was working in Wichita a few years back the motel where he stayed - each room had a whirlpool bath, and on weekends I used it a lot and it seemed to help. Doesn't cure RLS but helped.

just a thought to myself ...

Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am laughing out loud and glad no one else is here :oops: . Your post reminded me of my childhood.

Do you remember the Peanuts character, Pigpen? He had the cloud of dirt flying around him. . .well, that is me. Yep, I hate to admit it, but he is modeled after me. As a child, I loved to wear dresses and girly clothes. . .while playing in the mud, riding horses, gardening or climbing trees. I always lost my shoes (hated the darn things, but my mother kept buying new pairs for me to put on) and had black feet from walking on the tarred roads.

So, I guess we both have our own clouds!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hazel, you poor thing! I'm glad you got in the whirlpool to make you feel better. We've got extra duct tape here in case you need more. I can gas up my broom and be there in no time!

I'm doing okay----- I have the MRI on my back Wednesday. Have my "happy pills"---I'm VERY claustrophobic and it's a closed MRI. It will make me sore as all get out afterwards, but I'll be okay. :?

Ann, you crack me up! :lol: What a cute story... And, Hazel, I know the guy you're talking about. I think we've all felt that way every so often. He sure had his share of bad luck---hope you get some GOOD luck going for you soon.

Hang in there, everyone!
No one is alone who had friends.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

I can remember those blackened feet ... hadn't thought of that in years... then the stains from climbing for mulberries... ahhh good summer memories...

It has been one of the worst August I have ever experienced... Normally it is full of happiness and laughter as two of my children are born this month, my granddaughter, and a host of other friends...

This year August has been full of stub toe times yet they are nothing, trivial...

Last week my cousin's 15 year old son was killed in a car accident - he was driving his parents vehicle... he wasn't supposed to be his 16 year old friend was... he passed a school bus on a county highway which they are repaving, it was uneven and he lost control... a terrible tragedy... his girlfriend and the other boy were injured but not seriously... it has been a very long stressful time. I am sorry to have not been online and hope to be so more during the next few days.

Love and Healing thoughts to all, Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hazey

I am so very, very sorry. What a tragedy for your family and you. And, the young man---it makes us realize how fleeting life is.

Words sound so empty, but my heart and thoughts are not. God bless you and your family.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

my heart is breaking for you Hazey....my goodness....so terrible...love to you and your family....

always

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

Post by becat »

My arms couldn't hold you hard enough right now Hazel.
I'm am so sorry about your loss, your cousin's loss, your family's loss, and to all of his friends. Nothing can prepare or console what a loss like this brings, but I believe in love and time, and we'll always give you both here.
Honey you take the time needed. I'm sure your cousin needs you, as well as, you need time to yourself.
There are question that we have now that simple will not get answered until after we're gone ans see the bigger picture all put together. life is never simple and get more gray than black and white, as we age.
My thoughts, my prayers, my love and understanding where your family is at right now is all with you.
Blessing of peace and calm to you our love.
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I'm turning out all those healing thoughts you have sent my way over the past year to head right back to you. I save them up you know, in the basket Toto usually sits in. It holds so very much more than you would think. Then when I need some of your positive energy, I just open the lid and there you are! So I am opening the basket for you and Jan and all my other hurting friends. I hope you all can feel the warmth stealing over you whenever you read this. It came from Hazel originally and now you and she can get back benefits from it. And the best part? The basket is never empty. So no matter what problems you are facing right now, there is healing on you. Love you all, Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

brandy

Post by brandy »

Oh, Hazel. My heart has just broken into a million pieces for you and your family. I will hold you close as you trudge through this terrible ordeal.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

fulltimemartins

Post by fulltimemartins »

After having spent a night of walking, standing, stretching and not sleeping and feeling like I was going to go crazy I read posts like these and remember that I am not alone. I wanted to go online and read some last night but could not sit still by my puter long enough to read or post. I HATE this...you would think I would be used to it after having it for so so many years, but it never does get any easier.

I am SO grateful to at least have a place that I know others know how I feel...literally.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

I'm very sorry Hazel.
God Bless You and yours.
Randy

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

Good wishes hazel.

Randy
Randy

ctravel12

some days you float, others you float

Post by ctravel12 »

Hazel, I am so sorry for your loss. Remember we are here for you anytime, anywhere. God be with you and your family.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time