Men Only

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
becat

Post by becat »

We're with you honey! hang in there Tazz, kids are worth it.......so I'm told. LOL Good for you and your daughter on the home schooling, wished I had done the same. Both of you are in my prayers.
Dee it's ok, you don't have anything to say right now. And if you want to come and post a long whine do it. We love you just the same.
I have no football team to whine or cheer about, but can't wait for Baseball.
Randy what an honor for you to grace your own tag with such a quote, all for Dee. :shock: :D :D :D
Oh Please, come back to us WAM, your heart is showing. LOL
Love you all. Always our moon.
This too shall pass.
Lynne

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Ok Tazz. Good to see you again.

Hope it all works out at home.

Randy

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

I've not heard of online high school classes, interesting idea. My wife is home schooling our 2 kids (I think I may teach P.E. but we'll see if the Dean will let me) and online courses might be a good option for some of the harder subjects.

Stay strong!

brandy

Post by brandy »

Tazz - we all go through times where we feel like our lives are taking all of our energyand we just don't have anything to give. That is okay. You are family and we are here to support you. You have offered so much kindness and support and you deserve to take some time to focus on your daughter. Please don't worry about not posting. You are safe here and loved by many.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Dee---

Take care of you and your family at home right now. Your family here will be waiting with open arms.

HUGS
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

men only

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Dee It is good to see you posting again, but like all the rest of them said your family is very important. You made a good decision for your daughter.

Take care and have a good day.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

nancyhugh

Post by nancyhugh »

Just thought i'd say i think american football is the worst sport in the world! No offence! "Soccer" is your only man.
"Without haste, but without rest."-Goethe

Walking After Midnight

Soccer?
Soccer?

Is that the sport where they are all running around like crazy kicking that little round ball and they're not allowed to touch it? They're always waving those flags and red carding players for touching the ball. "Did he touch it? I think he touched it. I'm sure I saw him touch it...ok give him a card" And they all run like crazy, kicking the ball down to that end of the field only to all turn around and run like crazy kicking the ball back down to this end only to all turn around back to that end...I'm getting dizzy just talking about it. They're aiming for a Goal Net the size of a 747 Bunker at OHare Field but they only score like TWO points a game?! And then they all jump up and down and rip off their shirts when they finally do score? Oh yeah...then you get a foul so the opposing team gets a Free Kick from like TWO FEET away from the 747 Bunker. Yeah, Great sport. Wonder why it hasn't caught on here?

American Tackle Football...yeah it is the worse sport. Huge men with speed like nothing you've ever seen, athleticism, hard-hitting-blood-and-guts they can't even let women play that sport or they'd be killed. And we can actually TOUCH the ball. We can Pass it, Catch it, run with it...this aint a contest to see who can move the ball around without touching it. It's got everything...plus KICKING. Terrible sport.

Wait a minute...Ireland? :shock: You're Irish? Well, you're just looking for a fight aintcha? You can't help it can you? Just go from place to place trying to pick another fight. Probably swigged down a couple pints of the 'ol Ale, listening to "Waltzing Matilda" and "Erin Go Bragh", got thrown out of a couple joints tonight and now you're looking for trouble.

Heh.
Just kidding.
Can you tell I'm part Irish?
Actually, it just occurred to me that you're new and don't know me and I've probably taken this too far. I'm just trying to be funny.

You should give American Tackle Football a chance though. Learn more about it and watch it more....it's a darn good sport.

Anyway, welcome to the message board. I look forward to you trying to start more fights here. :wink:

nancyhugh

Post by nancyhugh »

If you want a real manly sport you should try rugby. Just as much tackling as American "foot"ball, where you throw it ALL the time. Except rugby players don't need helmets and body armour. And in soccer you can touch the ball. And the goal is very small. I don't think you've ever seen association football. It is the best sport in the world. And if it isn't why does the governing body, FIFA, have more member states than the UN? I had guessed that you were joking. Hope you don't take offence when I say American footballers are sissys. Why the need for all that protection?
"Without haste, but without rest."-Goethe

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

nancyhugh wrote:Why the need for all that protection?

Hey there. I like soccer and rugby's ok. But below I present you with 320 pounds of reasons why pads are necessary in American Football. OUCH! :)

Walking After Midnight

Excellent reply Hos.
And the thing is, that big boy probably runs the 40 in 4.5...so you have two 280 lb. players running full speed at each other, head on collision and wouldn't it be stupid not to have protection? I mean we like hitting, but we want the guys to be back to play next week.

And what are you talking about anyway? Soccer or Rugby? Pick one. I've seen Rugby. Ha! I scoff at Rugby. You know, there's guys who get in a octagon shaped cage, no shoes on, no boxing gloves, no rules except no weapons and no choke holds and just work each other over till one of them can't take any more...blood flying all over the place, now those are some tough guys. I just like a little more sport mixed in with watching guys beat the crap out of each other. Like I said before, football has it all. Strategy, Athleticism, Passing, Speed, Blocking, Tackling, Hitting, Catching, Kicking...no other sport like it.

Anyway. I gotta quit talking like this or I'm gonna use ALL my testosterone up just yacking, I'm old...I can't be giving it all away like this.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Walking After Midnight wrote:Excellent reply Hos.
Anyway. I gotta quit talking like this or I'm gonna use ALL my testosterone up just yacking, I'm old...I can't be giving it all away like this.

Wam what's old to you???????????
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

mikeyvon

football

Post by mikeyvon »

Hey Guy's

As you might expect, I'm with Nancyhugh. Sure I love football...I spent six years at Ohio State, I didn't have a choice. It's what I grew up with. I loved the sand lot football when I was young, but when I got in high school it all ended. I weighed 120 pounds, so no football for me. It's a game for the select few...the big guy's over 220 pounds. But as a spectator sport I love it because I grew up with it and understand the zillions of rules. (Ya gotta to be a philadelphia Lawyer to follow it which can make it interesting in a non-athletic kinda way.)

Now Rugby, that's a really tough sport that's hard to find here in the US. One of my Metallurgy Prof's at Ohio State (Glen Myrick) was captain of the Rugby team and wow was he a tough guy, in and out of the classroom. He told us on the first day of class, "I want you to know that I'm not a f'ing old fart, and never will be. I believed him. My next exposure to Rugby was when we lived in Cleveland 25 years ago. I was a hard core rock climber then and half the climbers played rugby for the west side Cleveland Rovers. I was a good climber but never a tough guy, so I only watched the Rugby games. I drank with them after the game and man...that's an experience!! The Elephant walk!!

And now to soccer. We don't have kids so I don't know much about soccer, but one of the most fun times I ever spent was in an Irish pub in Koln, Germany. I got talking to some crazy Scotts on a train from Amsterdam to Koln and they invited me to watch a soccer game with them. I was actually on my way to Munich, but they convinced me that partying with them in Koln would be in my best interest. They were right.

Now because I'm not a tough guy I couldn't tell you which sport is the toughest. But I know one thing for sure, in Europe they don't drink Bud Light...and never will. And Girls Light, what's with that swill?

Mike

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

not to mention rugby and soccer as hos put it a little more polite than I will..........rugby and soccer players are a bunch of skinny little twerps!! i would love to see larry allen, lawrence taylor, howie long, or better yet lyle alzado (God rest his soul) coming at them, they would run to the locker room crying like little girls!!!!! ooh i forgot ben davidson! can't beat the old 70's raiders for puttin the hurt on somebody!

i must be feeling a little better :D

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Hurling! Not that I ever played but... I remember the intro to the old Wide World of Sports--"you know the thrill of victory and agony of defeat." Anyway, they show a short clip of Hurling in the intro and certainly someone was in agony. Also, rembember the network televising a Hurling match on TV. There was an injured player in the vicinity of the goal but play continued on around. They carry these paddles to hit the ball (or whatever it's called) and I seem to remember the announcers saying it was ok to hit the ball, or whatever...., wherever it was as long as you played the ball, or whatever....., and not the man. Recalled seeing quite a few guys getting whacked with that paddle, or whatever ........

Couldn't resist the "whatever...."

Cheers
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.