Leg under attack (and question about muscle twitches)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.

Leg under attack (and question about muscle twitches)

Post by Guest »

Note from moderator: The original text was removed. The author wanted to know if anyone experience violent leg movements while awake that we out of the person's direct control.
--
Last edited by Guest on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctravel12

leg under attack (and questions about muscle twitches)

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh by the sounds of it you may have PLM while awake. I know I have read that other members have had that. About the muscle twitches, I wish I could answer that question for you. Have you contacted your dr, and if so, what did he have to say about both problems?

I just feel that I am at my wits ends not being able to help you. I know I keep telling you that I keep saying prayers for you, and I really am.

Please let us know if you talked to your dr and what he says.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I get small, erratic ones that I have no idea of what they are, but they technically are not PLMs. PLM is an involuntary jerk from the ankle, the knee or the hip (or armpit, I suppose). I have to run. . .
Last edited by ViewsAskew on Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh, that is just so weird. I was going to post on the exact same thing. My right leg was just going nuts today. Twitches (little twitches, not big ones though) from my knee down to my toes. I could see little movements all over. Very rapid, too. Not the usual PLMs.

I think mine are from residual damage to the nerves in my leg from when I hurt my back and had some paralysis. But I was sure earlier today that I have ALS or MS. I took some Vicodin and went to sleep, and it's settled down for now.

I hope you get some answers and some relief!

Susan

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I get these sometimes in random places. Little ping-pong-ball-sized rhythmic wobbles in the muscle. Usually goes away after a short time.

I usually tell my wife that the worm in my brain woke up again.

tdewey

New to RLS

Post by tdewey »

Hi all....these twitches are driving me crazy. I feel so wesk. I was diagnosed Wednesday with RLS, PLMS, Sleep Apnea and they are checking for a few more things. Wow....I thought what was happening in my arms was from my carpo tunnel (sp?). So thanks for all the info. I have spent so nights crying myself to sleep feeling like I had lost my mind. My doctor gave me this web site Wednesday with the words "so you can see there are others like you and your not crazy." Gotta love him :P .
I discribe the twitches as picking up your hand keep your wrist still and shake it. That is what the body feels like but you can't stop it.
Thanks again all,
Thanks for your support!
Tdewey

ctravel12

leg under attack (and questions about muscle twitches)

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Em. I am glad that you called your dr regarding your leg movements. The way that you explained it definitely sounded like PLMW and so sorry that you have that.

Did he seem to know what is causing the muscle twitches?

Please take care of yourself.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rachel

Tics associated with meds???

Post by Rachel »

I don't know if this could be associated or not . . .

I was on 1200 mg of Neurontin daily for pain. My doctor took me off it after a few months since it wasn't working. Almost immediately a tic near my left eye that started about the time I started taking Neurontin stopped.

Makes me curious . . . are you on Neurontin?

Rachel

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

I got worse on Neurotin.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

Whats going on here.
It looks like one of us posted then edited everything and now is incognito.
Did something happen?
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Whenever you see "anonymous" it means the membership was deleted. Sometimes we accidentally delete someone thinking they are spammers, and sometimes people ask us to delete their memberships, as was the case here. I have edited the thread to make it have more continuity.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.