Strange Dreams

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
katiekae

Strange Dreams

Post by katiekae »

Hi, I am totally new to this board and I started taking Requip 7 days ago. I was wondering if anyone has had strange dreams when they first started Requip. It is nothing like hallucinations or anything like that. I was wondering if it was something that happens with taking the medicine or if it is possible that I am just sleeping so much better that I am able to dream? I do feel so much more rested in the mornings when I wake up. Has anyone had strange dreams on Requip? When I say strange I mean I dream about things that I have not thought about or people I have not thought about in years. My dad has Parkinson's disease and he tried Requip for a while and he said he had a couple of strange dreams also. TIA (thank you in advance).

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Unfortunately, I also had "strange" dreams. However, mine were more of the extreme night-terror type and led to other anxiety/panic episodes. Stopped the requip and the night-terrors also disappeared but some after effects still linger.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Katiekae, I have the same weird dreams from time to time; I know it's from the Requip.

Corrie

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, I had the vivid dreams, tho they appear to have settled. Still sometimes.
Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

red56

strange dreams

Post by red56 »

I too have very, very intense dreams due to ReQuip. Sometimes it is very disturbing because they are so realistic. I forget to not be mad at people that made me mad in my dreams!

razorbackmatt72

Post by razorbackmatt72 »

From everything I have read, Dopamine Agonists like Requip and Mirapex do have the dream side effect. I have been on Mirapex for a little over a week. I'm having vivid, almost movie like dreams that seem to stretch on and on. I had one the other night, it started on a friday in my dream, stretched all the way to sunday and it was like I was watching it on tv, step by step.....I woke up feeling exhausted because I dont think my mind rested at all. I have had some scary ones, that I cant remember details on, just someone or something was after me. I was assured that this would pass, along with the hangover that last's all day......but I'm not so sure, only time will tell. I have noticed also, I will go to sleep and wake up an hour later and it seems like an eternity, I have actually gotten up, found another clock just to verify that my bedside one is not wrong........anyone felt that?

Matt

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, this only sleeping for an hour or so at a time has been happening to me over the last say 4 months. I sleep say from 12 midnight to 6am, waking up every hour or every 90 minutes, then at perhaps 5 or 6 am, my legs start and I have to get up. This is with just using Requip. If I take a sleeping pill as well as the Requip, I only maybe wake up once or twice.

I try not to take the sleeping pill but it is happening more and more that I take it. Last night I went to sleep at 1am with Requip and 4mg diazepam and valerian herbal sleeping aid and woke up twice. It is now 7am and I am up and about cos legs are all over the place (tho not at their worst) and so I have emptied the dishwasher, etc etc. If I busy myself for a while I may get back to bed and dose a little - as it is a Saturday and I am off work.
Oh... wouldb't it be lovely to have a nice lie-in of a weekend!!

Betty