Has Anyone Tried Xanax?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
JoAnnie

Has Anyone Tried Xanax?

Post by JoAnnie »

I was taking Zoloft for anxiety disorder and this increased my RLS. I'm thinking of switching to Xanax, which I know is also used as a treatment for RLS. Has anyone taken Xanax during the day and not just at night and has it helped?

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Im lyndarae and I have been taking 1mg of zanax at bedtime for about 3 months now. Im sleeping better than I ever have. I also take mirapex and ultram for the pain. Im an alcoholic in recovery so my doc was very worried about addiction. I started drinking at a young age when I discovered I could sleep with little rls. after I drank a few drinks and I believe to this day that is why I became an alcoholic to self medicate myself because of rls. So far the dose of 1mg is still working great and I can actually fall asleep within 30 minutes of taking it, I still wake up alot but am now able to fall back to sleep. I dont know how long this dose will work for me but I have not taken more than perscibed and feel no need to get high. Sleep is what gets me high now a days and actually having dreams what a trip. I just got lucky with my coacktail of meds, they work for me with little or no side effects. Was having some depression but I think that had a great deal to do with something that happened at work. Hope this helps you out. I dont here of too many people who use zanax but its working for me for now....... lyndarae

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have been using xanax for about 2 years now so I can sleep at nite. It was originally tried so there wasn't a medicine that had to be taken every day, only taken when I couldn't sleep. It has worked well, but the dose has increased to 1mg at night now. I like it due to lack of side effects and not having to be taken on a daily basis.

Good luck, it may be worth a try