Becat

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
monkeylady

Post by monkeylady »

Let me tell you...wearing a tiara is nothing. Over the holidays I had to dress like an elf and do some black tie parties with live reindeer. After one of them, I went to Applebee's in my elf costume. Needless to say, I was definitely the talk of the joint! At least I wore the sexy elf costume! LOL
Take Care,
Lisa

becat

Post by becat »

OH My what have we started!

Ok ya'll we'll be known as the Tiara Lunch Bunch and we'll travel as we can make it happen.

I can only image how far my tiara will go. No cheating Dee, you can't get someone else's tiara, have to have your own.

I found my lovely one at Party City for a big 5 bucks.

We are so not normal, Thank Goodness for that! LOL

Love Lynne

becat

Post by becat »

I got this in an email today and thought of this thread. What a wonderful way we hug through cyber space, laugh together, and lift each other up when it's called for.
We do row for others when they can not row for themselves. It does happen here, always will with the good people we have.

READ THIS VERY SLOWLY.... IT'S PRETTY PROFOUND.

Too many people put off something that brings them joy just because they haven't thought about it, don't have it on their schedule, didn't know it was coming or are too rigid to depart from their routine.

I got to thinking one day about all those women on the Titanic who passed up dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back. From then on, I've tried to be a little more flexible.

How many women out there will eat at home because their
husband didn't suggest going out to dinner until after something had been thawed? Does the word "refrigeration" mean nothing to you?

How often have your kids dropped in to talk and sat in silence while you watched 'Jeopardy' on television?

I cannot count the times I called my sister and said, "How about going to lunch in a half hour?" She would gas up and stammer, "I can't. I have clothes on the line. My hair is dirty. I wish I had known yesterday, I had a late breakfast, it looks like rain." And my personal favorite: "It's Monday." She died a few years ago. We never did have lunch together.

Because Americans cram so much into their lives, we tend to schedule our headaches. We live on a sparse diet of promises we make to ourselves when all the conditions are perfect!

We'll go back and visit the grandparents when we get Steve toilet-trained. We'll entertain when we replace the living-room carpet. We'll go on a second
honeymoon when we get two more kids out of college.

Life has a way of accelerating as we get older. The days get shorter, and the list of promises to ourselves gets longer. One morning, we awaken, and all we have to show for our lives is a litany of "I'm going to," "I plan on," and "Someday, when things are settled down a bit."

When anyone calls my 'seize the moment' friend, she is open to adventure and available for trips. She keeps an open mind on new ideas. Her enthusiasm for life is contagious. You talk with her for five minutes, and you're ready to trade your bad feet for a pair of
Rollerblades and skip an elevator for a bungee cord.

My lips have not touched ice cream in 10 years. I love ice cream. It's just that I might as well apply it directly to my stomach with a spatula and eliminate the digestive process the other day; I stopped the car and bought a triple-decker. If my car had hit an iceberg on the way home, I would have died happy.

Now...go on and have a nice day. Do something you WANT to, not something on your SHOULD DO list. If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Make sure you read this to the end; you will understand why I sent this to you.

Have you ever watched kids playing on a merry go round or listened to the rain lapping on the ground? Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight or gazed at the sun into the fading night? Do you run through each day on the fly? When you ask "How are you?" Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head? Ever told your child, "We'll do it tomorrow." And in your haste, not see his sorrow? Ever lost touch? Let a good friendship die? Just call to say "Hi?

When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift. Thrown away. .. Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Lynne thanks for sharing that. How true all of it is. My mom used to always say "do it today as you do not know what is around the corner". I have been blessed to have a mother who was so wise.

Thank you again,
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Lynne

My dearest friend--you always know what I need. Thank you for posting this for everyone (and me), and thank you for your call today. I love you.

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i have another one my best friend sent me yesterday, and since i don't have all you guy's emails this is the easiest way to pass it on. i am usually not one for the sappy emails but i liked this one and it goes along with be's post.
dee

It's been around before but it doesn't hurt us to be reminded not to take our friends and our time with them for granted.

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't anymore. No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more 'just one minute.' Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say 'I love you.'

So while we have it . it's best we love it and care for it and fix it when it's broken ... . and heal it when it's sick. This is true for marriage .. and old cars .. and children with bad report cards and dogs with bad hips and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a classmate we grew up with. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special. and so, We keep them close!

I received this from someone who thought I was a 'keeper'! Then I sent it to the people I think of in the same way. Now it's your turn to send this to all those people who are 'keepers' in your life, including the person who sent it if you feel that way. Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?

I was thinking...I could die today, tomorrow or next week, and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that needed rekindling or three words needing to be said.

Let every one of your friends know you love them. Even if you think they don't love you back, you would be amazed at what those three little words and a smile can do.
And just in case GOD calls me home .....
I LOVE YA!!!
I'm sssoooo glad you're my FRIEND!
Live today to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised.

'What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.'
~Pericles
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

I have a prayer that I want to share with my rls family -
St. Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace within
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have received
And pass on the love that has been given to you
May you be content knowing you are a child of God
Let this presence settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love
It is there for each and every one of us

"LIfe may not be the party we hoped for ... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Oh Charlene and Tazzer, thank you for those.

I love that, our tiara lunch bunch rocks. We'll need to start a list of us and make plans.

Tiaras in hand, smiles and oars, we'll be the bells of the ball.

Anyone is welcome to join, but you must have a tiara, MEN you may wears crowns and be the Princes you are! LOL

LOL

Hugs to you all
Lynne

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Lynne you are more than welcome. Now I have to buy a tiara. Oh well what can I say. If you have it flaunt it righttttttttt.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

By All Means Do! :D

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I wonder if the "powers the be" know what wonderful beings He created?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sure He does...

If a penguin is allowed, I guess I'll have to break my tiara out of storage...i wonder if it will flatten my feathers?

phffffffffffft....right, have to go buy one myself...or maybe make one....penguin heads are funny things to size....ROFL

i love you all and if I may, Becat is there anyway I can appeal to the "board of directors" to have a Boston run?

:wink:
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Ooooo, I have my tiara from my days as the queen of the "cows and pigs." Soooooo, count me in, too, please. :lol:
No one is alone who had friends.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

well gawd I dont have a tiara, never was a queen for a day, I can paint one on tho. The only fair thing to do is meet in the middle, its a big world out there but the only thing that seperates us are miles(well and money) but hey ya cant take it with you now can ya.
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

becat

Post by becat »

Penguins are certainly invited my dear!

Tiaras never mess up hairdos or feathers, but please dry your flippers, as myine will rust for sure! :D LOL
Boston is being worked on, it's not on the route for my hubby, but for one of his guys that works for him.....this is good because I got to ask before the schedule is being made. Cross those flippers that I get it planned right.
Probably a thurs., leaving Fri. trip.......sorry it's to close to family and the weekend was already promised for my godson. I'll try a Wed. fly in! hee hee to extend the possiblities.

Jan? Cows and Pigs? LOL This should be a great story for sure. Please grace us!lol

Lyndarae your so right. And all of that can be taken care of. When it happens Bless the town we all meet in! lol

Hugs to all
Lynne

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i wanna see ARE in a tiara AND dress covered in tulle!!!!!!! and carrying a wand with a star on the end of it!!!!

tell me to put neil young on myspace page will ya!!!! ewwwwwwww

dee :twisted:
www.myspace.com/chaoticupheaval
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945