moonlight's diary

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
moonlight

moonlight's diary

Post by moonlight »

Good morning everyone :P

Been amazingly good this weekend ,yes i'm on maximum meds for my depression and anxiety, but that's not giving in, it's nessesary for me to live a normal life and if that's what it takes then so be it .I think the doctors and psychs have finally got through to me .I've had five good days..here's hoping i get more.
I've been fighting for so long it's just not worth it.
My rls is good at the moment too, so life is good just now.
Went to my dr today about the trapped nerve, she said put up with the pain till thursday and see the physio....i'll let you know how that goes.
I had a really nice chat with Charlene last night, enjoyed it very much she is a lovely person.
Oh well have to go now got stress management class at 12.30,, and i feel a bit stressed about going cos it's the first one ! LOL

Bye for now
take care and keep safe

love you all

moonlight x :P
sleep is not only a dream

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey moonlight, it's Jan

I'm so glad to hear you sounding so great! No, you are absolutely NOT giving in. No more than I am taking meds for diabetes and RLS. It's the same thing.

Looking forward to chatting with you again, soon.

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Hiya Moonlight.

Always great to hear from someone who's life is going even steady...but you said "amazingly good". So...nice.
Of course, I realize on this Forum, "amazingly good" is relative.

Still great to hear Moonlight.

Hope it keeps going well.

Randy

(Hi Jan too) :wink:

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Five good days.........huh life sucks again ...next time i'll keep my mouth shut.
Well it's not all bad only little rls......goodness knows why

moonlight :cry:

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Moonlight, I'm so glad you had a few great days. Now you know that it's possible, and you'll have a bit of hope on the bad days. I'm so glad you're treating your depression. No, it's not a weakness. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. We have the technology to treat it, so treat it. That's how I feel about it anyway. I'm sure I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my antidepressants.

Choosing to treat the depression is a way of choosing to live your life to the fullest. There's nothing wrong with that and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Don't listen to the people who tell you to just "suck it up" and live with it. (My mother is like that.)

I hope you get your RLS back under control soon.
Susan

becat

Post by becat »

Susan I am so glad you mention the chemical part of depression.

I was lucky enough to have a dear friend of the family, my husband's side, that just was (God rest her) such a positive influence on me. She too had suffered from mental problems, after a bit of therapy, they found that she was severely depressed.

She was so open and kind enough to explain it to me. Hers was something brought on by a life trama, however, it took the right meds and the therapy to talk somethings through to bring her back to the right balance.

She told me that once the brain goes into depression mode, it can get stuck, producing the same chemicals all the time and the meds helped in resetting that part of her balance. She was lucky and only had to be on them for a little over a year, but it did the right stuff for her.

On the other hand she had to face and handle some issues in her life that just were there.
Like most of us here, she was a fighter, willing to go through battle for her life and herself. Such a wonderful woman she was and is still, in my heart.

Moonlight, if things in your brain get off (the chemical balance) it needs attention just as your RLS would. The longer something like this goes on without help, the longer and harder it is to unravel and renew your body, heart, and mind.
We all have times that we get down, life can cause some trama that holds more than we could handle (WE THINK), but after a certain point, help is a good thing.

I look at it this way, if I had an infection I would go to the doc for help. Depression is no different, sometimes we need help there too. It's no different than getting stitches when needed, same theory and the same results........a happier, healthier life. The one that we all can have.

We're backing you my dear. We'll row while you are busy getting things back where they should be. Your family and family you can count on.....we need you just as much to be here with us.

Love and hugs from Texas,
Lynne

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

M, Sorry but had to laugh just a bit...stressed about going to stress management :D . On the serious side. You have taken humongously great strides in honoring yourself. I am so proud and am adding you to my list of heros. Way to go, kid.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hey guys :)

I will admit it isn't easy coping,but I am accepting all the help that is being offered.Yes the stress group was hard ,I have to face a lot of things I don't want to , but to get better I must and I will, it caused a lot of stress LOL.
Was at the unit today, I go three mornings a week, today for relaxation , it was an hour of bliss i nearly fell asleep, fortunately i had no rls at that time ,i have never felt my body and mind be so at peace ,i went in with an open mind and it worked ,just me and my therapist,look forward to next week. I also had dep ed was good as well working on unhelpfull thoughts exactly what i need just now.
I have no Idea why my rls isn't screaming at me but i'm so glad its not.
Thanks for everyones support i know this site is for rls but for me and i'm sure many others its not the only problem.

well lets see how the rest of the week goes at the mo its day by day

love you all

moonlight x :P

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Moonlight, take all the help that is available. Relaxation class.. sounds wonderful....

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

becat

Post by becat »

Moonlight, I know how hard this must all be, heck I lived that way for years before I got help.

You can't begin to believe how different the world can be with new eyes.

New eyes only come from good treatments, healing rest, and knowing that you are worthy of each of those things.

When you don't sleep, the RLS is wild, and all your world seems to be rocking out of whack, new eyes are hard to make happen.

However, coming from my own little nightmare this past month, I can tell you this for sure.

1. Your are worthy of a good quality of life.
2. Your are worthy of good treatments.
3. You are worthy of healing sleep.
4. You are worthy because you are here.

RLS is a doable thing, it can have a huge effect on a person's life and those around you, but it can be doable. Just because it may take a bit a time to find the right doc or the right combination of things that are helpful.....don't let that let you give up hope.

You can be strong.
You can fight for the good, for yourself.
What today offers us is always temporary, tomorrow always offers hope.
Don't let the darkness of a bad day cloud the week honey.

We're here rowing for or with you. your fight will get you past thing time.

Hang in there and make the docs figure this out with you.
The right help is not always easy to find, but I swear it is there.

Lynne

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Moonlight I am so glad to hear your news. I know the other day when we chatted you were telling me about it. Thanks for sharing this info with your family. I am hoping and praying that this last for a long long time.

You are a "special person" and so glad that I was able to meet you even if it is through the computer.

I know we will be chatting again soon.

Take care my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi everyone

Well its Friday today and its been some week,i spoke to my key worker today and he said that in the first couple of weeks the groups can bring forward thoughts, feelings and memories to the front which we would rather keep deep down and cos emotional probs.
I am taking each day one by one , i feel i am getting stronger but its hard to maintain that strength through the bad times.
I WILL get better ,with the help from my friends and cos I want to,it may take time but i will suceed.

Update on physio and trapped nerve is she gave me exersizes and will see how that goes also i have to try using the heat ..which i use on my legs for the rls .....under my feet as it will inflame the nerve and make it worse.I have to use cold for the nerve but see how that goes with my rls.
I have another appt in two weeks.

love to everyone

moonlight x :)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Moonlight thanks for the update. I know I have the saying "Taking one day at a time." There is a light at the end of the tunnel and we will all be waiting there for you to give you a huge hug. In fact now how about a huge hug now (((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Take care and have a nice day.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Hey M, Good thoughts to you for all the good work.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi everyone
Back again , it's monday,every morning is harder than the last to get up when am i ever going to get my get up and go back ? :?
Was at my stress group today and feel better than last week after it, just have to keep working hard and fight the feelings and WIN.

We did relaxation at the class but oopppss it didnt work as i could not keep still my legs did not want to play the still game , never mind if all is well through the night i will be happy. :)

I have art tomorrow and am working with clay,i made a model (well loosly described as that) and am going to paint it.The good thing about art is i can sit or stand it doesnt matter.

I'll stop boring you now and go and make more food for my permenantly hungry 16yr old..

love to everyone

moonlight xx :P