Hands ... more important than you realise ...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Dont forget to take Nadia with you and your shawl for returning home. YOur dolphin medicine and your special gem, your higher power and your GOD given gifts and all the prayers given you, and pay attention to what you see along the way, and find your laugh sister girl, you know where you left it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

I know the exact gem you are referring to ... now if I could only remember where I put it ...

I moved from Rocky to Gladdy in April last year ... and i'm STILL unpacking!

I will have a rest and with a bit of luck it will come to me.

Thankyou my friend xoxo
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Apart from my gemstone ... I'm as ready as I can be.

I've washed my hair; removed all my earrings (well, nearly all of them, two are being just plain stubborn!)

I'm not allowed to wear deodorant, and being the middle of summer and with the humidity being far from tolerable, I already stink to high heaven! Can't wait to wake up to the odour in the morning :shock:

Last time i had an MRI i didn't take any deodorant with me for afterward. This time ... its already packed in my handbag!

I'm scheduled for a 9:30am start. Despite the oral NSAID, the pain and swelling hasn't improved much.

What was it that I used to say to everyone? One step at a time, one day at a time and never give up hope? Think that's it. Think its time to take my own advice.

Don't know how long it will take for the films to get to my surgeon, but you will be among the first to know whats going on.

Love n hugs
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

I sent you back a pm did you get it?
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

sardsy75 wrote:
What was it that I used to say to everyone? One step at a time, one day at a time and never give up hope? Think that's it. Think its time to take my own advice

Love n hugs

It's certainly easy to dispense this kind of advice, isn't it? So, so much harder to follow through...especially when it's a time of stress...and you have a TON of it right now.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

lyndarae wrote:I sent you back a pm did you get it?

Hey girl

Yup I got it. Thankyou ... have read it. Just digesting it ... along with a few other things and will write back soon.

Love ya!
Nadia

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Good luck with the MRI, Nadia. I'll be thinking of you. I know you'll let us know as soon as YOU know something. (Gee, sounds confusing!)

Hugs
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Only the best for you my Aussie friend. Look at the moon and know he has a mesage from me to you. Let us know what we can do to help out and keep us posted. I hope things turn full circle for you soon, you deserve some goodness in your life.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Please do keep us posted Nadia as we are really concerned. You have been through alot and remember we are here for you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

N. Good luck.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Anyone got any cool ideas on different rules for "The Waiting Game" :?:

I wanna know NOW :!:

Survived the MRI ... was just as uncomfortable as the previous two ... lyin on my stomach, kinda, with my left hand stretched up above my head, locked in place in a special mini-MRI for hands/feet ... my right arm, lyin down beside me at an odd angle. A rather lop-sided angle all-round, especially when you have to stay as still as a statue for an hour :shock:

When I was finally unlocked and let out, my left arm had gone numb and my right shoulder was overstretched, so now i'm wanderin around with an ice-pack tied around my shoulder. 8)

Every time the MRI bed moved my right arm got stuck on the metal sides of the bed so I had to be REALLY careful each time I tried to "un"stick it and get it back into some sort of position that was tolerable.

You know what really sucks???

When people remember you ... by name ... and you dont see them all that often. The MRI assistant was the same one who came last year and she knew me straight off :oops:

Saw my physio today. Since the surgeon has put me back in the splint we've agreed to wait and see what the MRI results are and what the Surgeon's plan of attack is before we contine with any more rehabilitation. He goes over my fingers, hand and wrist every time, and no matter how hard we try to rule it out, it seems that surgery of some sort is again on the horizon.

I'm still using the medical putty and 500g weights once or twice a week, but only to stop my wrist and thumb from completely freezing up again.

So, you guys know as much as I do ... which is Jack Sh*t, right now.

.....................................................................................................

Monday was a pretty terrible day all round. I was like a bear with a sore head and was wound up so tight, when I finally sprung, all hell broke loose. I didn't sleep at all Monday night.

Yup I'm glad that step "whatever # we're up to" is over, but this is taking a real toll on my patience.

.....................................................................................................

I thank you all who have posted and sent me the moon, hugs, prayers, good wishes, good luck and everything else. It has helped so much.

Lynne, Ann, Jan, Kathy and Lyndarae, you know that the extra news I received didn't exactly help my mental situation, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such special people. I will write to each of you when I've got my head around everything and had time to think, pray, meditate and put the bear back to bed.

....................................................................................................

Epsom salts ... i nearly forgot ... Randy, I havent tried that yet. Will be going shopping in the morning so will pick some up. Did you ever see the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? If you haven't, you should. In it, the father swears by Windex for anything from pimples to scratches. It's hilarious!

Mark, as far as I know the closest thing we have to a Mayo Clinic here in Aus is an online thing called mydr.com.au ... otherwise each of the bigger hospitals in the capital cities have their own research centres and usually stick to themselves. MyDr is good when you're looking for info, but not quite as detailed as Mayo is. Thanks for the thought tho.

Will let you all know when I know something. Until then, all your thoughts and prayers help me keep on going.

Love n hugs to all
Nadia

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Nadia, I thing the 'Waiting Game' is the tough bit, and there are no rules.

We will wait with you...
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Ice Cream (and lots of it, and lots of different kinds, and lots of different toppings, and lost of whipped cream, and on top of brownies, and on top of cakes, and in root beer and...........---that is if it doesn't turn the demons on.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Yes, we are waiting with you my dear Aussie. Every star that twinkles is a wish for you to get better. Pretty speech but I think the ice cream thing will actually work better for you!

We all love you sweetie and we're right here with you.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

lol ruby when u said twinkles i thought u said twinkies and i was thinkin "hell yeh, twinkies and ice cream damn good idea!!!" i would play the waiting game like that!!!

go with the twinkies and ice cream nadia......damn makes me wish i had some right now!!!!!!

u know when i was in high school my senior drama teacher told me twinkies kill brain cells!!!! NOW u all know why i am the way i am!!!! lmao

tazz

SHUT UP ARE!!!!! I KNOW WHAT U R THINKIN!!!
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945