Another medical problem added to my rls

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
cmoore1958

Another medical problem added to my rls

Post by cmoore1958 »

I didn't see any posts on this topic and need to vent my feelings on it. I went to my ob/gyn for my yearly physical. I have no problems I notice myself. However, during the exam my doctor commented that I have a small growth on the outside of my cervix which is more than likely just a pollup (sp). My very first reaction was "great! One more health issue to add to all the others. When is this going to stop?"

I started my pitty party in earnest and of course my mind went wild ignoring everything the doctor said. She tried to "twist" the growth off as is possible most of the time. With my luck holding, it was not possible in my case. So she did a cervical biopsy. She stated that it was procedure to find out the cause of the growth and to identify if indeed it is just a pollup. She also assured me that it appears to be nothing but a small 1 cm growth that once removed will not come back. She did the biopsy which did not hurt at all and then told me I would have some bleeding and that she had put some medicine on the growth to retard the bleeding -- this would last a couple of days. My appt was on Wednesday. It is now Sunday morning and the bleeding is still there and my anxiety is worse.

I have multiple health issue and every time a new one is added to the mix it's extremely had to be rational about it. I don't get depressed, I just get angry that I have one more thing to deal with and wonder why me. I'm told this is normal, but that really doesn't help much. I know there are others on this board with multiple health issues and am curious what helps you come to terms with any of your new problems as they arise.

I've mentioned my husband in other posts. He (Rich) is extremely supportive and understanding. He is also a realist. When I expressed my feelings about this new thing he said, "that's life". Okay, I'll admit that I got a little angry about this remark. When I cooled down a bit to talk about it with him, he said that all he meant is that this is not a circumstance that is uncommon to the female population. And, that he feels I am overreacting because of my other issues. Rich did assure me that he does understand my reasoning, but he wants me to realize that along with my chronic disorders and diseases I will experience the "normal" ailments just like the general population -- and that's what he meant by "that's life".

I'm still not happy about this new development and although his words make sense they are not what I need right now. Any insight and help for me in coming to terms with this sort of thing would be great!

Thanks,
Cyndi

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Cyndi, in another post I think you talked about your faith, and I reckon this is where it comes in. I am not a religious person but I respect those who are and indeed envy them their support. Perhaps Rich is like a lot of men, things are kinda black and white, and well... they see things as just as they are. Probably we all realise that what he is saying is OK, it's just that you would have liked it to come across with a little more warmth. My hubby is a treasure, but stills looks at emotional things in a different way to me. I guess it is the man/woman things.... like the book venus/mars !!!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Hi Polar Bear,

Thank you for your help in putting my perspective back in order. It is so easy to lose sight of my faith when I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I came home from church this morning to find the laundry was done, the dishes were put away and my lunch was ready. Hmmmm . . . did I mention my husband is a gem in these ways? I know emotions are very different for men than they are for women. I just need reminded of that sometimes, especially when I'm in the middle of my pitty party.

Thanks again for your kind words. I'm finding the support and "family" I'm experiencing on the board are so needed and good for me.

Cyndi

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

C, Mmmmm. Clean clothes, clean plates, and food to eat on the clean plates. Now, is that special or what! Us guys is really sumpin, ain't we!

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Mark,

You guy are so awesome it makes me quiver! :)

Cyndi

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Cyndi, I've had one of those polyps for years and years and years and the doctors told me not to worry about it, so I never did. It hasn't killed me yet. :wink:

Oh yeah, when you get a chronic condition, don't expect that the other stuff stops. When my dh was diagnosed with leukemia a couple years ago, after he went into the hospital for a month, the furnace broke and started having mini-explosions (ka BOOM), the floor drain on the shower backed up, the hot tub started to leak, the brakes went out on my car, and I know there was something else. All during the first week or two while he was in the hospital.

So... Having one major crisis doesn't seem to exempt us from others, sigh. Sometimes you've got to take the little pleasures of life as they come, and take the rest a day at a time.
Susan

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Susan,
You are so right. Just when you think things can't get worse they do. My husband helps me so much around the house that when he ended up in the hospital with his back out, and when he came home, I realized just what it is that he does for me. The garbage disposal went out, I had to take the garbage out (can't remember when I'd done that before), etc.

Right now I'm taking it a day at a time and a night at a time. I appreciate your comments and those of the rest on the board . . . realizing I don't have to think of everything on my own but have others to prompt my memory and mind is a real blessing to me. My fibro fog keeps me "hidden" sometimes from what I need or should be doing. You've aided in clearing the fog. Thanks!

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Cyndi please do not think you are doing a pitty party. Like our Jan said your pain is your pain no matter how you look at it. If you feel like venting, please go ahead and do it. We will be there for you in good times and bad.

I hope that you are having a better day today. It is true that it is important to take one day at a time. Things will get better.

How about some hugs today ((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
Hope that makes you feel better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

pedrime

Post by pedrime »

I am so sorry for everything you are enduring. This is the place to vent/have a pity-party and I believe yours is well-deserved. I am such a wimp I can barely survive a cold, so I really give you credit for keeping at it.

If you like to read I just saw a feature on what seems a great book called "Strong at the Broken Places". It profiles several people coping with chronic illness.

Good luck to you.

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Thanks for the hugs Charlene, they really did help.

Pedrime, thank you as well for the book information. I love to read when I can sit still. 8)

Okay! Now I have a new motto . . . "It's my Pitty Party and I'll Vent if I Want To!" :lol:

Today is somewhat better my legs stayed relatively "calm" until about 1:30 pm -- right in the middle of physical therapy for my neck muscles. The good thing is the PT noticed the jumping (how could he not) and did a hard rub down on the legs to get them settled down a bit. Of course, I didn't mind if the leg massage worked or not 'cause my PT is sooooooo cute! I know, I'm married, but window shopping is quite alright.

My latest challenge hit yesterday when my blood sugar went up and hovered around 400. I called my endocronologist and he gave me yet another medicine. This one makes the pancreas expel insulin to bring the blood sugar down, but it can bring it down too much so I have to watch my levels really close. While talking to my doctor he mentioned that I have chronic uncontrolled blood sugar levels due to my lack of sleep, pain and the stress factors from both of these. He's not sure I can keep things where they need to be without more meds on a regular basis.

Well, I've got news for him. I'm going to talk to my neuro and make sure we get things as under control as possible and maybe even get me something to help me sleep when it evades me completely.

But, first things first, I'll put in my prayer requests to all of my prayer warriors and let go and let God. Hmmmmm feeling better already. :D

Thanks for being there for me y'all. I am so happy I found this board and that it is full of truly caring individuals.

Love, hugs and kisses to you both,
Cyndi

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Cyndi

Looks like you do have a full plate, and it is just fine to vent and have a pity party every once in awhile. We all do! Life isn't a bowl of cherries, is it? Everyone has something--that's right. But, YOUR something is what's in your life right now (hope that makes sense), and it's not always easy to deal with. We can always look around and find someone worse off (and, better off, as well). I've had to remind myself of that very thing recently.

So, vent, scream, cry... come here and talk to us. Then, hopefully you'll feel better, a little stronger, and more able to deal with life's issues.

God bless you!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

cmoore1958 wrote:Thanks for the hugs Charlene, they really did help.

Pedrime, thank you as well for the book information. I love to read when I can sit still. 8)

Okay! Now I have a new motto . . . "It's my Pitty Party and I'll Vent if I Want To!" :lol:

Today is somewhat better my legs stayed relatively "calm" until about 1:30 pm -- right in the middle of physical therapy for my neck muscles. The good thing is the PT noticed the jumping (how could he not) and did a hard rub down on the legs to get them settled down a bit. Of course, I didn't mind if the leg massage worked or not 'cause my PT is sooooooo cute! I know, I'm married, but window shopping is quite alright.

Cyndi

Cyndi loved that last paragragh also love your new motto LOL.
Seriously please keep us posted on your sugar level being 400. I hope the dr can get you something that will help.

You take care and have a nice evening.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Good news! My sugar is back under control. My doctor gave me something else for my diabetes cocktail that helps the pancreas dump insulin. The only thing he told me that I really didn't like is that he thinks my diabetes is hard to control when my rls and fibro are all wacked out. So, I figure I can count on a really sweet high sugar winter each year. LOL

I also go the results from my biopsy and the tissue is normal, as well as the pap test. I read my earlier post and saw I didn't mention what the doc was looking for in the cervical growth. I began hemmoraging about 17 years ago and had a yag laser ablation of the uterin wall. It was successful and I stopped my cycle complete - a good thing. Well, over time my uterus retracted and my cervix clamped shut tighter than a tomb. To me that wasn't a problem since I'm totally done using that anatomy. To the doctor it was a concern because they couldn't check to make sure any lining was not growing back. And if it began growing back then it couldn't expel. She was concerned that this growth was uterin tissue pushing out. Thank God that is not the case. I can keep all of my body parts for a while longer even though the uteus doesn't work - still a good thing. :D

That's two good news things for me in a week. Now, if my legs would listen to me we'd be good to go. My rls is not acting up as often right now, but another storm is coming in tomorrow and the humidity will rise and, well, you get the picture. Thank God for my meds!

Cyndi

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Cyndi I am so glad that your sugar is finally under control. You sure have your share of problems but admire your positive attitude. I hope that your rls is doing good.

Thanks for keeping us updated on how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

C, Great news. Also hope the weather change did not create havoc for you. Best wishes.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.