Favorite quotes

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

Favorite quotes

Post by Rubyslipper »

I read an article in a magazine that had favorite quotes from different people. I have a couple too and thought it might be fun to see what quotes are special to others. So if you want to, post your favorite quote/quotes and why you like them so much.

"Well-behaved women seldom make history" I just like the idea of all the "rebel" women in the world and the contribution they have made to society.

That's my first one--I have several more.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.

Andy Warhol

I too like rebels....they don't care what the rest of the world thinks about them just their friends
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I hope a few more people respond to this thread but maybe it's just one of those that doesn't interest anyone else. I love to read quotes that mean something to others. I even have a little Wizard of Oz journal that I keep special quotes in. I was hoping to add to it with a notation of who sent the quote.

Tazzer, thanks for sending yours. If I don't get any others, that's okay but just thought it might be fun. It might take off yet!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I'll have a look later when at home, I have a few quotes that I like when I read them, but can't just recall off the top of my head :roll:

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

That's why I have the journal! :lol: I can't remember them unless they are written down!

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

One of my favorite quotes is from the movie "Parenthood." I don't know if anyone has watched it or not--it's probably at least 10 years old or older. It starred Steve Martin and Mary Steenbergen. They are parents of 4 kids (I think) and life just isn't that easy for them. Their kids are cute, but they all have problems of one kind or another. Nothing major, but enough to make them "different." Anyway, Steve's grandmother comes in after Mary tells Steve she's pregnant again. He had just quit his job and wasn't thrilled with life, period. His grandmother comes in the room and says (obviously using a roller coaster as a metaphor for life):

You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.
Gil: Oh?
Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!
Gil: What a great story.
Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.
Parenthood. 1989.

Pretty wise old woman! You know, I like the roller coaster, too! Sometimes it scares the heck out of me, but--in the end--it sure IS more fun than the merry-go-round.

Sorry this is so long....

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Real friends are thos who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel that you've done a permanent job.
(Erwin T Randall)
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

This is a favourite ---

Many people will walk in and out of your life, bu only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Betty

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

"Good friends listen, best friends hear."
No one is alone who had friends.

snowbound

Post by snowbound »

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~ Winston Churchill
A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one. ~ J. Pierpoint Morgan

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Live life to the fullest as you do not know what tomorrow will bring.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

"Ah ! Cats are mysterious kind of folk.
There is more passing in their
minds than we are aware of."

----Sir Walter Scott ----
sleep is not only a dream

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

" What sort of philosophers are we,
who know absolutely nothing
of the origin and destiny of cats?"

---Henry David Thoreau ---

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It goes something like this:

'I don't do diets. The only carats i'm interested in come in diamonds'
(Mae West)
Betty

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

" I have studied many
philosophers and many cats.
The wisdom of cats is
infinitely superior".

---Hippolyte Taine ---