something heavy

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
esnoopyl7

something heavy

Post by esnoopyl7 »

Has anyone tried something heavy on their legs I have and on my feet I make my husband put his legs and feet on mine and it helps when something heavy is there unless I am having one of those night where they hurt.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lots of people like that. I can't stand it!

BUt, if you like that, you also might like the stockings - check out the posts in this section about them, but they are the heavy surgical stockings. Many people who like heavy things also get a lot of relief from these.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

In theory I really like heavy blanket on me, but in practice I live with a heating, ventilating, cooling and plumbing engineer, and we have virtually nonexistent temperature control in our house. :roll: The old "shoemakers kids go bare" thing. So most nights it's too hot to curl up under blankets.

And being a (almost) 51 year old female, well lets just say that I have my own temperature control issues.

Someday I'll be happily curled up again under piles of blankets and dogs.
Susan