suggestions please

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

ML,
I'm so proud of you for sticking it out. I know it hasn't been easy, but I promise, it will each time you venture out. Swimming sounds fun, too. Excercise without the sweat . . . my kind of exercise.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

You're doing great, Moonlight. Just keep doing what you're doing, and take all the help you can get. I'm proud of you!
Susan

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Moonlight congrats one the 20 laps in swimming. I, myself learned how to swim about 8 yrs ago and just love it. Right now I go to water aerobics at least three (3) times a week. You may want to do that as it is fun and can meet some neat people there too.

Keep up the good work.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Neco

Post by Neco »

Last time I got into a pool I got out and thought I was going to die afterwards... Had a huge blood sugar crash while in the shower.. I thought I could stick it out and then get out and eat but it just hit me.. ugh.. Couldn't stop shaking.. screamed for my mom to bring me a soda IN the shower, haha.. Didn't even finish washing, got out... laid down on my bed and ended up falling asleep in just a towel :?

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi everyone

Zach...i always eat or drink something before swimming as my sugar levels fall very quickly.

Here i am absolutely exosted ,I've got to keep going ,i can't stop if I do i'll start thinking and then back into the downward spiral... no no no.... got to keep away from it, got to keep pushing myself on.

Got up this morning after another night of pain and walking, why can't we have one thing at a time? it would be so much easier to cope with. I didn't feel like doing anything but i thought no ,move it ,get going but it was hard.

I went to the pool again did 24 lengths......I felt better after ,that still tired though...then I went to my art link group and really enjoyed it we were painting name plates we had made in clay last week, can't wait to see how it looks after its been fired. No I'm going to get my hair cut.
It's so hard as I want to lie down cos i'm so tired but i daren't just need to keep going.

Tonight its my sons other swimming club (disability) they have got a gala on saturday which he is looking forward to , so am i cos I help at the club, it is a nice club it's just like a big family everyone gets on so well.

Iv'e been off the iron for about three weeks and the rls has come back most days, got a dr appt next week so i'll see if she can give me something thats not going to freak me. Wonder if anyone can help with this , i'm going into hospital in april for investigations and will have a local anaesthetic,they can't do general as they need me awake, but i have to stay still and i'm worried that i cant and have to move cos it's not going to be possible, they know i've rls.

Well I best go now i want to lie down but I will go and get my hair cut.
Thanks for supporting me it is making such a difference to my life just now

huggles huggles huggles
moonlight xx
sleep is not only a dream

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Moonlight do you have a Medical Alert Card as it has information for you to put on there letting them know you have rls and what meds you can and cannot take. If you do not have one let me know and I will e-mail it to you. That is very important to have and give one to all of your drs and always keep one for yourself.

I am glad that you are keeping busy and pushing yourself. I know it is hard at times but keep up the good work.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi there

Charlene thanks for the medic alert card , i will print it off and fill it in .
I'm on maximum meds but there not keeping me calm enough am really anxious from teatime on but i'm okay.

Still keeping busy, making Easter cards now ! and am drawing more.
I have a new group to go to it is assertiveness trainning....should be interesting, starts on wednesday.

The rls is more of a problem during the day just now don't know why but at least thats better than at night.
Will go now as I'm realy tired

nite nite
huggles moonlight x
sleep is not only a dream

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Moonlight you are more than welcome. I am glad to see that you are keeping yourself busy.

Are you on any meds for your rls?

You may want to talk to your dr about your meds for anxiety as they are not working that well.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing. If you happen to be up late tomorrow, we will be chatting. Would love to hear from you; however if you are sleeping good than that is even better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Hi Moonlight my Friend, I'm glad you are keeping yourself active these days. Easter cards can be fun to make. Can you actually draw? That's something that no matter how hard I tried, the picture just didn't look like what I thought I was drawing. LOL

It's good to see you post lately. I wonder about your anxiety meds too, as Char does. Please check with your doctor. Maybe they just need to be adjusted a little and you'll be all cool -- like I know you can be. :)

Take care of yourself my friend and get some much deserved sleep.

Love and hugs,
Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

lorabell

Post by lorabell »

Good for you, Moonlight !
I agree with Char and Cyndi, so ditto to everything they said .
You really can draw ? I am so impressed. Even my stick figures look pg . I can't even trace and get it right. LOL
I am so proud of you . It always makes me happy when someone is doing better and you have done so good. Keep it up, girlfriend.
Would love to chat with you Mon. night, but if you are sleeping, enjoy it.
Hang in there,
Hugs,
Lorabell
aka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL