It's....not.....fair...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

It's....not.....fair...

Post by Neco »

Saturday I was sucking a lolli.. and this piece of an upper tooth chips off.. no biting, no chewing.. I've been having pieces of teeth and filliing chip off for a long time now...

The tooth that cracked behind the tooth I had pulled? Well not the entirely new filling they put in when they broke the piece off, JUST CAME OFF... No hard chewing or anything when it happen.. just up and came off when I was eating a soft cookie...

If I have to have this one pulled I will have almost no rear chewing capabilities on my right side.. Which means all the teeth on the left will be next due to the increased stress, that I am already throwing on, from chewing exclusively on that side!!!

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THESE PROBLEMS??

........god..

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Zach,

You are so right it is absolutely not fair. I have the same problem with my teeth and have for years. I had heard that people that take the meds we take tend to sleep with their mouths open which limits the saliva on our teeth. Since saliva is what feeds our teeth and keeps them healthy how can it not affect the stability of our teeth.

I'm so sorry you hare having to go through this. The docs will say "you can have implants" but at $3000 a piece who can afford them and insurance doesn't pay for much of them. Just another problem we seem to have to deal with as a side affect of our meds.

I hope you have good results when you go to the dentist. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I'm not even sure I want/need to go right now... it doesn't hurt... YET..

But if it does, the only alternative is to really go back to the other guy and have him pull this one too... It's practically just the filling material that is left on the surface

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Zach

Cyndi was right in bring up medication. A lot of the meds we take cause very dry mouth, which causes problems like you are having. I've had the same thing happen to me. And, I bet if we took a poll, we'd find that a lot of us have those same problems.

It isn't fair! You are a young man and you shouldn't be having these problems. Wish I could help.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well, I am aware that narcotics especially can cause dry mouth. I tend to drink lots of fluids as a result for the most part, but living in an old house doesn't help in the winter especially... no central humidifying :(

We use aluminum pie pans with water, sitting on the radiators in our rooms.. lol

I guess it could be worse.. At least I don't have "meth mouth"... :?

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i thoroughly believe in karma....that is why my life sux...most of the time...

karma karma karma will bite you in the a*s*s!

why else would we be stuck with a disease that won't kill you but just make you miserable for the rest of your life and no one believes you

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Sorry to hear that Zach man. All we can do is take VERY good care of our bodies since these meds hurt our bodies too. You didn't do anything to deserve it so I hope you don't take it personally.

Life is both. It can suck but it's more beautiful then words can describe too. Stay strong brotha!

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Yeah, That is one of the things I go around worrying about the most, is what will I do when my teeth start falling out, they already hurt, the first time I went to the dentist I was about 10. I had soooo many cavities that I was at the hospital where they put the cup of ether over my nose and mouth and knock me out to fill them all at once.

I think I need 4 or 5 crowns a couple 3 root cananls, I have a temperary crown for three years now. LOL!! I was thinking just the other day about dentures.

I drink something hot ....ouch.....cold.....ouch...Like you Zach, can only chew on one side. Yeah it does suck.... For me a tooth ache hurts like nothing else. And ugly teeth make me not want to smile, well whats left? if your worried about laughing....plus I have been hearing that if your teeth are bad you swallow all sorts of nasty bacteria!!!!! I'm going back to bed!!~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Neco

Post by Neco »

tazzer wrote:i thoroughly believe in karma....that is why my life sux...most of the time...

karma karma karma will bite you in the a*s*s!

why else would we be stuck with a disease that won't kill you but just make you miserable for the rest of your life and no one believes you

dee

Karma has a damn big overdraft fee at MY bank..

Thanks everyone..

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i know the feeling!!!!

Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

becat

Post by becat »

Zach your tooth structure is mostly genetic and yes medications can be a problem, and we can all drink cola, tea, coffee, smoke, chew our nails............but that is just what Hos said, part of life.

I am sorry they hurt. I don't like that either Lyndarae........but Zach, your going to have to forgive what you can not change and maybe say sorry for things, but good really does still happen to us all.

I think it could for you as well. You'll see something in your mind one day, wish for it, and then go for it.....you just never know, you might get it too!

Beating yourself up for things you can not change is a waste my dear. If you have something in site, go get it, if not, find something to lock onto. I have found that even through pain, I find some great joy when it's gone and I can see why I had to go through it.

Lynne

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

......the greater part
of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions
and not on our circumstances

-Martha Washington (1731-1802)
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Neco

Post by Neco »

Genetic eh... I always did figure that.. My brother and sister got off so lucky... they have no idea. I clearly got my mothers teeth, in addition to the RLS... and I guess god knows what else :roll:

She has tooth break too.. she has several caps, one broke after lasting quite a decent while, but insurance says it STILL too early for her to have it replaced.. talking years :roll:

She had the same tooth pulled as I did, on the opposite side of her mouth, is the only difference... Hows that for messed up..

Screw Karma.. I mended my fences when I was about 22.. I got ahold of a LOT of people and in some cases said sorry, or found out something wasn't a big deal to them.. Unfortunately some people still seem to have grudge issues but I simply don't speak with them anymore or asociate at all.. tho one person in particular it hurts, and I constantly tell myself to remove thoughts of them from my mind because the slightest trigger brings them up :x

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

mine have to be from a previous life....cuz i can't figure out what the heck i did in this one lmao\ :shock:

Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

becat

Post by becat »

Zach, now you can't screw with Karma, my Native American speaking here. :D

I just wanted you to know that you can't beat yourself up so much, it causes harm you can't predict. You have no idea what an effect those "I'm jsut bad" thoughts do to mold your choices or future.

Your just as worthy of good things as anyone else. I know that my own nature is one that would blame myself before others.......what did I do to get that? But, when you finally learn that life is just hard for everyone and not all of the time, but we each have our buttons and fears, it makes it a level playing field.

No one is perfect, nor should be. It's in the mist of the darkest hours that we learn to enjoy at the moment and hold on to those moments as heart pictures. We use the heart pictures of great times had to remind us that life is good, worthy of living to best each of us can.

Eh, so your genetics gave you crazy teeth and RLS. I got good teeth and RLS, but got some things that I have to be watchful about as well. It's all in the way we are served and serve, that brings a knowing "ok, it is what it is, now lets kick butt" attittude.

You'll make it just fine........if you want to. :wink:

Lynne