Naturopath & Homoeopathic remedies

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
lorabell

Hi Kathy

Post by lorabell »

Kathy,
I pray that your rls doesn't get worse with mental pause. Mine went thru the roof, and I do mean, thru the roof.
Had I known then what I know now, I would have kept a journal.
I went without sleep for 5, 6 nights, I can no longr remember. I was so sleep deprived, I was seeing things, crawling around on the floor, ( eyes closed , picking up imaginary things ) then falling face-first into the floor. My husband called my daughter in the middle of the night and had her come over to see what I was doing. They would get me settled down, and as soon as I was asleep, I would wake up and start all over again.
My dr. wanted to put me in the locked side of the hospital ( LOL ) but my husband and daughter said I told them no, I wasn't nuts, I was sleep -deprived.
It still took me a while to get them to understand I had some real serious rls/plmd.
Please keep tabs on your symptoms. I would hate to see anyone go thru what i went thru.
Lorabell
akka
wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL

happyfeet

Re: Hi Kathy

Post by happyfeet »

lorabell wrote:Kathy,
I pray that your rls doesn't get worse with mental pause. Mine went thru the roof, and I do mean, thru the roof.

No no no!, don't tell me that RLS gets worse during Menopause! I am pre-mpause. Blah :roll:

My RLs does seem to have gotten worse within the last year or so.

HP

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

My wife had RLS+PLMD during menopause, and only during menopause. We had to roll up a beach towel between our legs, under the bottom sheet, so she'd stop raking my calves with her toes. :)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.