News

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

News

Post by Rubyslipper »

I've been in the worst of health for a long time and an even worse mood. But Easter week-end I just found out I'm going to be a granny again in October. Sure has helped perk me up. I know it won't help anyone else but I just wanted to share. :D
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Oh Ruby

I am so happy for you!!!! Please keep us posted.

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How wonderful for you. Congratulations to everyone.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Ruby what wonderful news. Thanks for sharing that with us. This is such a wonderful family as look how we can share some great and wonderful news with people that some of us have never met.

I thank God for this Site everyday and for all of you too.

Love you all.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Ruby, isn't it wonderful to be a granny.

I think it might have been also Lynda Rae who is also a granny again.

Congratulations everyone.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Being a granny is about as good as it gets. Isabelle was just a joy to be around over Easter. She's starting to talk and really interact with others. She just loves PeePaw's cows. The only thing she will eat right now is hot dogs and when she wants one she wants one NOW! So they've taught her to do a "hot dog dance" that lasts until they can get it cooked. It is hilarious. It would make a great advertisement!

This baby wasn't planned and they are still getting used to the idea but we are very happy. There may even be a chance that they might be moving a little closer. Not much but 45 minutes closer helps.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Ruby,

I am so excited for you and your family! The Lord does put good things in our path when our health seems to be all but doing us in!

You'll have to keep us updated as things get closer. And, I do hope they move closer to you. Then you could spoil those grandbabies just like they were intended to be spoiled! Even more than I'm sure you do now.

Love ya girlfriend & congrats!
Cyn
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I have to say, I 'm happy for you "Grannies"....but, a little jealous, too!!! Oh well, one day....hopefully.

Again, I am so excited for you, Ruby. As I said, please keep us posted!!

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Post by becat »

Congrats, Yeah!

Oh My, I hope the smallest princess does not take this too hard! :D

And you heard that Lyndarae had twins (grandbabies) recently as well. One boy and One girl. Helathy big ones, too.

Lyndarae Congrats to you as well.

Gotta love grandbabies, and for me I'll wait my turn, thank you! :D

Lynne

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Lyndarare I am late in congratulating you but congratulations on your new grandbabies. How excited you must be.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Congratulations Ruby! Aren't babies just the best? I have a new nephew and we were playing "pass the baby" on Easter. At least there's some happiness in your life, eh? I hope you get feeling better.

Congrats to you as well, Lyndarae, on the twin grandbabies.
Susan

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Congrats Ruby!!! And thankyou everyone for the warm wishes. My grandbabies were born on Tuesday the 25th and they are all home already. My oldest daughter just sent photos of their trip home and the twins are holding hands, sooooooooooo cute.

I am In Idaho and they are in Conneticut, so i wont be geting a chance to see them any time soon so the phots are very important to me. I would give anything to be only 45 minutes away, count your blessings on that one.

Hope everyone has a good weekend~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We have our first granddaughter who is 17 weeks old. She is actually my 'step' granddaughter but everyone in the family ignore the 'step' bit. We have her one day a week, and have her overnight every 2 or 3 weeks. She sleeps in her cot at the bottom of our bed and it melts our heart to awaken to her gurgles and blowing bubbles.

Last evening hubby decided we'd take her with us when we went for a walk, (they live next door to us) it was getting dark and quite cool, so baby was all wrapped up in her pushchair and fell asleep as we set off. After a half hour the howling started, the tears were rolling off her chin, and from her nose and everywhere, she was not a happy girl. We sang to her in her pushchair, we tried her dodie (soother) all without success, all the while heading home.

I could stick it no longer, so out she came from the pushchair wrapped well in her cosy blanket, hubby carried her, still she was yelling. By this time her little face was purple, there was mucus, tears, the works !!

I then carried her, and Granny's up over the shoulder bit and tucked into the neck worked eventually as it usually does. We made it the rest of the way home like this, with the odd sob. I was nearly sobbing also, my back was killing me, it was cold and we were making sure that baby was kept warm. It took us about 10 minutes which seemed like 10 miles.

When we got home and left our granddaughter into her mum and dad, well!! what a sight!! her little face was red with the cold, with crying, and every orifice was leaking fluid !!! Of course, all she needed was fed..... and then was happy as a sand boy. And luckily her mum and dad are well laid back and had no concerns about how unsettled she was when she was returned to them.

The reason for this ramble is that it tells us there is a reason why at nearly 60 years of age, we don't have our own babies any more, we spend time with our grandchildren, and hand them back. :lol:

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Betty thank you for sharing that you. You and hubby sound like terrific grandparents. Yes it is true that God does know what he is doing by giving children to young people and then grandma and grandpa (Like you said give her back to the parents)

I love your post and again thanks for sharing. We do have many blessings don't we?
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Polar Bear wrote:We have our first granddaughter who is 17 weeks old. She is actually my 'step' granddaughter but everyone in the family ignore the 'step' bit.

As an aside here...

I'm taking Japanese class at the moment and at one point my teacher pointed out that there's no different word for a step-parent in Japanese. You're a parent/mother/father or you're not. I'm sure the kids still manage to deliberately point out the difference to their friends, but I bet it nevertheless simplifies matters a lot.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.