ALL IN THE FAMILY!!!!!!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
lyndarae

ALL IN THE FAMILY!!!!!!

Post by lyndarae »

Ok sitting on my hands here a lesson I learned from a good matie of mine. Havent had so much excitment in along time thanks to all of you, you know who I am talking about. LOVE YA..............

Couldnt figure it out there for a while gettting slow in my old age....... dont remember ever feeling so protected or laughing this hard in a long time.

not to rain on anyones parade (so to speak) I have ground breaking news........

I have found me a bloke!!! Yup met breifly in the airport on my way to Denver, he was leaving for Africa to buy antiques, long story. Any way we exchanged email addys. We have been chatting for a month now and he will be back home in Utah on Saturday.... And we are meeting for dinner and dancing.

Didnt want to finxs myself on this one but I think it might be the real deal. We have talked about everything under the sun and MOON and he thinks I am wonderful, told him all about my rls and all he wants is to be with me.

HELLO There is a GOD and I feel like a teen ager on rollerskates, This is so wonderful. Just had to share with ya'll sorry to those who are bored but my mates know how long I have been empty inside and I am feeling rather full tonight. It is a risk I know but a good feeling one. And talk about handsome OMG Tall dark the whole nine yards...........( oh how my mind wanders) so I am on cloud 9 right now and am asking if ya"ll would send your prayers and good thoughts our way. His name is Josh and he is 52 with eyes of blue

I think I am loosing it. I need to shave my legs, its only been a couple of years might need to get out the lawn mower.... what is a girl to do.... Was going to eamil you one at a time but decided to shout it from the roof top. this girls in love............wish me the best and send positive vibes my way love ya all~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

becat

Post by becat »

OH My Grandma, girl friend scirrors first, the lawn mower is too harsh....you need a soft finish! :D :D :D

Well you can consider that the moon will be full from my end.

And Lyndarae, you are not empty, i understand lonely, but your not empty.

You have the spirit of a beautiful bird in flight, a glide. Caught on a stream of air that makes you soar.

I'm so happy for you and tell Josh to be great to you or he has some problems from people he will be sure to see if he messing anything up!

Dinner and Dancing.........YOU GO GIRL! Still have that little red dress? LOL

Yes, I got a good chuckle myself today as well! Totally out of line, but in the best way ever. 8)

Love and sprinkles of Nair for you!
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Well, well, well...you little stinker!!! You kept a secret longer than I could have!!

Dinner and dancing...hmmmm.. How romantic! And, you've been talking...sharing bits and pieces of your lives. That's a good thing.

Please keep us informed---but ONLY what you want to tell us. Secrets are okay... :)

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Thanks ladies.............MY joy has been put on the back burner for now. My dog Riley has had a stroke. It happened the other night while he was at my friends house. I stayed there last night and we are going to wait until later today. But I am afraid I will have to lay him to rest. I will not have him suffering for long.

My heart is crying for him. And I am at a loss for words right now.

becat

Post by becat »

Oh Lyndarae, I just only have this.

Prayers of peace for you both.

I'm just so sorry.

I cry with you.

Love and a moon full of comfort to you.

Lynne

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Lyndarae......I am so sorry to hear your news

I am thinking about you from my heart

love moonlight x
sleep is not only a dream

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

How sad, Lyndarae. Our pets are family and they love us so unconditionally. It's hard to say goodbye to them. I got this poem from a veterinarian a long, long time ago:

We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our own
Live within a fragile circle
easily and often breached.

Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still
would live no other way.

We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan...
Susan

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Just to my Riley to the vet and his is at rest now thanks for your love and prayers~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Oh, Lyn....

I am so very sorry. My heart (and my eyes) cry for your loss. You gave Riley a good home, loved him so much and were loved in return. I love my little guy, Willie, so much and know that one day, I will probably have to give him up, as well (unless I go first). It will break my heart, as your heart is breaking now.

But, one day, you will be able to remember the joy of Riley. He'll always be with you, Lyn.

Much love,
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Post by becat »

Oh my sweet friend, my sister in more ways than one, my heart goes out to you. As Riley is peaceful now, I know your heart aches.

I love having furry family members and I have had to make the same choice some years ago now, but I agree with Jan......Riley will be with you each step you take now.

Let the tears flow, its the best thing for now. Always keep that love in your heart, I know you will.

Lyndarae, I'm sorry.

I love you sister.

If you need to talk call me.

Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Some of the hardest times in my life were at the loss of a beloved pet. I haven't had one in years now....I lost three in a year and thought I'd never recover. Maybe I still haven't.

I do hope that you can find your way to find all the joy and happiness that Riley brought to you and keep that in your heart, your smile, your laughter. It does make the tears more tolerable.

And, enjoy that date. Life is a circle....one thing ends, another starts. Time to see what happens with this.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey Girlfriend

Only just got to this thread ... started off so happy and has taken a turn with sadness and i'm not sure which one to start with.

About Riley ... all us fellow pet lovers are mourning with you my dear girl. A pet is so special and they form such unique bonds with the people who take them into their lives as companions. It is heartbreaking when that bond is broken by their passing. All I can say from my experience with Fidget passing last year, is that, you will heal in your own time. He was a "special lil man" to you and forever will be; remember the good times and the really fun times. He'll still keep you company in the future. I still have a lil shrine to my dear Fidget on my side of the bedhead ... and still miss him dearly. You are allow to be sad my dear ... you will heal ... we're all here to keep you going. Love and lots of best wishes to you.

My goodness girlfriend ... a new man in your life?!?!?!? Dang it!!! I'd been working on a list of suitable suitors for you here Down Under! Yay for you ... I'm so glad and so proud of you! As i've said to some of my (now formerly single) friends: "The right person will come along when you least expect it" ... and that's just what's happened to you! Dinner and dancing huh ... you go girl!

As always, you're in my thoughts and prayers!

Love and lots of ((((((((((BIG HUGGLES)))))))))) to you

(P.S. No problemo on the entertainment ... anytime my dears, anytime :wink: :lol: 8) )
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Lyndarae I am so happy for you that I could jump through hoops. Josh is a very lucky man and I can just feel your vibes through cyberspace.

I just read your second post and I am so sorry to hear about Riley. I understand what you are going through as I have been there three times already and my dog (chance) is going on 16 and has alot of medical problems and we are just taking one day at a time with him and enjoying what we have.

Girlfriend I am here if you need to talk. Please take care of yourself.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Romance can catch you so unexpectedly.... And perhaps all this timing is special also, a brightness in your life when you also have the sadness of Riley.
Sort of catches all of the emotions.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

thaks to everyone for your love and support. My friend Linda and I took Riley to the vet yesterday and he was put to rest at 1015am. The ladie who works at the vet no has known riley and his owners since he was a pup. The reason I got to have him for 7 months is because his owners (annie) has cancer and is not doing well at all.

Riley was a free spirited dog living out all of his life in the mountains never chained or on a leash freee to come and go and chace wild animals out of his teritory. City life wasent for him. I let him go on his walk about everyday and he always came home in about 20 minutes. When Riley did get loose he would go and not even look back no matter how you called him he was just gone belonging to no one.

He was in bad shape and I in all good faith could not let him suffer thats not riley...........we had a talk and before he went he spoke to me and told me I was doing the right thing. Now i am just trying to move on. But for now just wanted to thank everyone this will take some time.

I am tring to get ready for Josh and all that goes with that.~~~~~~~~Lyndarae