MIRAPEX AM TRYING TO WEAN MYSELF OFF OF IT

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
maddielouise1

Post by maddielouise1 »

What happened to the days when you woke up, still felt sleepy and could blissfully go back to sleep?

Charlene, you've been so encouraging with me through this "Clonazepam" process (ugh). .75 seems to be the lowest I can go right now to get any sleep, along with 1.5 Mirapex at night. I wish you well as you go through the crappy experimentation process.

Maddie

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, the experimentation process is so crappy. All the uncertainty, and the time it takes to find out if it works/if it doesn't work/ not sure???
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Maddie I am so glad that I was able to help you. I know that I am doing good at .75mg of clonazapem just wish I could say the same thing about mirapex. My symptoms are starting earlier and earlier; however does not last that long. I hope that I am not in for a rude awakening.

Right now I am just taking .125mg of mirapex. The first night I just took 1/2 of the pill at 5 pm and the last half along with .75mg of clonazapem and I was fine. However last night I was not so fortunate.

PB thanks for your support too.

I know that I have been given alot of good advise of what to try but to tell you the truth I am scared to try something else in case that does not work especially since we are going on a trip a week from Sunday and will be driving.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

maddielouise1

Post by maddielouise1 »

Ctravel,

I don't blame you for not wanting any change when you are going on a trip. As fun as trips can be, they are also stressful to our systems, which are so reliant on us being "consistent".

I'm sorry to hear that Mirapex isn't working for you consistently. Some of the advice coming out of the book that been referred to is quite interesting. I guess it's somewhat about "tricking" our brains-ha! I did read on the other big RLS site (out of southern Cal.) that you should take a Clonazepam vacation every two weeks for two days. I bet that's two days of pure joy for you and everyone around you.

I basically told my neurologist's nurse that I was sorry I'd ever called (ha!) and that I just want to stay at .75 Clonazepam and 2 mg. Mirapex. Who knows what the response will be.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

maddielouise1 wrote:Ctravel,

I don't blame you for not wanting any change when you are going on a trip. As fun as trips can be, they are also stressful to our systems, which are so reliant on us being "consistent".

I'm sorry to hear that Mirapex isn't working for you consistently. Some of the advice coming out of the book that been referred to is quite interesting. I guess it's somewhat about "tricking" our brains-ha! I did read on the other big RLS site (out of southern Cal.) that you should take a Clonazepam vacation every two weeks for two days. I bet that's two days of pure joy for you and everyone around you.

I basically told my neurologist's nurse that I was sorry I'd ever called (ha!) and that I just want to stay at .75 Clonazepam and 2 mg. Mirapex. Who knows what the response will be.

I can just see taking a vacation every two weeks for two from clonazapem. you would have to peel me off of the ceiling. They have got to be kidding.

Good for you telling your nurse that info.

Thanks again for your support.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Critter

Post by Critter »

Wow! this all sounds so familiar! I have been having trouble lately with alot of pain which I didn't have before. I tried to go cold turkey off mirapex, 1.5 pills of .25 every night. That was a huge mistake. About 2am I gave in & took it. I wanted to see if I still had the night time pain without it. (Pain could be result of last birthday I suppose!) Guess that's not the way to do it. I am so frustrated w/ the rls lately. Have been on mirapex for about 10 years & works fairly well but have lots of augmentation during the day...haven't taken a nap for 10 years! But seemed like not sleeping at night was worse. My brother 10 years older has just been diagnosed w/ Parkinsons. Scares me that that might be what's next...I really have taken up lots of your time...So helpful to read these, I rarely write. thanks, All

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Critter You never take up my time. I am sorry that you are going through the same thing as I know alot others are too.

It is nice to see you posting.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time