pantyhose?? at night or during the day?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
deemarie1975

pantyhose?? at night or during the day?

Post by deemarie1975 »

I just read the recap of all the non prescription methods that have worked so for and saw that a few people have found wearing pantyhose to help. I was wondering if those of you that have found relief by wearing pantyhose could share some more info with me.

Did you wear them all day or did you wear them to bed? I do not wear pantyhose on a regular basis. At this point I'm willing to give anything a try.
-Dionne

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Deemarie and welcome to this group. I have read somewhere in some of the posts that some of the people wear the support hose (or compression stockings) and some of them gets relief. One thing to remember is what works for one may not work for others. Something like this you can see if it works. No harm in trying it.

It is good to also read other posts. Start at the forum New to RlS as they have alot of good sticky posts one called "Mananging RLS". There is alot of good info out there and just one thing one person says may be of help to you.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and hope that the panty hose do work for you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dionne,

I am not one who gets relief from them (they make it worse for me), but here is what I remember what what they have posted:

1. Use extra-strength pantyhose. High support or even medical grade compression stockings help the most.

2. Use them when you have RLS. So, if your RLS is at night, use them then.

3. Dr Wass is the membername of a guy here who loves them. You could search on his name and read all of his posts; I know he's said people can write to him and ask questions.

Hope that helps.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

DrWass2

pantyhose night or day??

Post by DrWass2 »

whenever you think you need it... Most people it gets bad at night, and especially annoying when trying to sleep. I usually only wear at night. I try to go to sleep without them at first, and if I am constantly figeting, I put them on and things quite down.

DrWass2

Post by DrWass2 »

It's simple, Its easy, there are no side effects.....try it...you have nothing to lose and you might gain some sleep