PLEASE!!! WOMEN ONLY!!!! (sorry for shouting)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Momo

PLEASE!!! WOMEN ONLY!!!! (sorry for shouting)

Post by Momo »

I was wondering if anyone else has worse syptoms during their period? Or if only I have this connection. Or is it all in my head?
Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hey Momo. Lot's of us gals have noticed that the RLS worsens with the monthly period. Between the hormone swings and the blood loss it can get pretty bad. Have you ever had your ferritin tested? You'll probably want to get that tested and then see what you can do to get your iron levels up.

My ferritin was really low (8, but my doctor said it was fine) and I just couldn't make any progress with iron pills. I'd lose it all every month. I finally had a uterine ablation last December so that I would have a shot at bringing up my ferritin levels. Of course my primary care doctor right now doesn't really think that ferritin is an issue, so I haven't had it tested since. I'm seeing a new neurologist tomorrow and hopefully she'll work with me on that.

Anyway, you're not imaging things!
Susan

sister*awake

Post by sister*awake »

mine is twice as bad before my period, also believe it or not during a full moon. I thought this was my Imagination and finaly loggged it. 4 months in a row of 1 night of real agony where my meds WILL NOT work! full moon all 4 times :shock: I feel really nuts!
WE ARE ALL IN THE GUTTER ,BUT SOME OF US ARE LOOKING AT THE STARS~OSCAR WILDE

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

My rls is just bad ALL the time...however I do notice that chocolate is more appealing just before my period. There just aren't enough Milkyway bars!
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.

The Artist in the Mirror

Post by The Artist in the Mirror »

before my rls was daily, the 'free days' I had were when i got my period and a few heavanly days after...

I guess the pre- hormones made it worse. Now that its daily I dont have that break anymore...

Tracy

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey Momo

No, it's not all in your head (despite the fact that technically, RLS is!)

Before I finally found the medical cocktail I'm on, yes, I would suffer for most of the week leading up to that wonderful time of the month.

Now, I get a day or two, if at all, of mild RLS, which I just bang on the head with some extra codeine.

I've added an Iron tablet to my morning "breakfast" and have noticed a marked improvement.

Take care of you!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

OMG!!I do feel old..I really don't remember...Pat

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Pat, since it's that time of the month right now, since my body really oughtta wanna be in menopause (at least I think so), and since my legs are going nuts today, I soooooooooooo long to be able to say what you just did! There are multiple benefits to being older. Truly.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

Oh how well I know!! I went through a hell of a menopause. Finally had everything removed. Much, much better. Don't miss feeling like a "woman" at all. LOL... Sorry you feel bad. I do remember that part..Pat