Question for takers of Ropinirole!!!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
happyfeet

Question for takers of Ropinirole!!!

Post by happyfeet »

I went to get my generic brand of Requip filled but there were no pills available! Zip. None. Nada.

According to their supplier, it maybe October or later when this med will be available.

My Hubby and I just moved into our first home so I had to change my pharmacy from Safeway to Target. I ended up buying Requip. I tell ya, now that I know the sweet relief of no rls, there is no way I am going back!

Is this happening to anyone else? Is it just Target? Is the demand really out pacing the supply? Is it ok to wear white after labor day?

If you know more then I do (and that's a given), fill me in. I may take the time to investigate but I am still looking for my silverware in all the unpacked boxes that fill my house.

cj
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Happyfeet

When you say you 'know the sweet relief of no rls' do you mean relief when you finally got your meds, or do you mean that you bought Requip as opposed to using the generic (which I get here in UK as ropinerole) and that the requip was better than the generic. I am getting along not too badly, actually in quite a good spell with the ropinerole (generic), but would be interested to know if you meant that the Requip was better than your usual generic.

I am unaware of any difficulties with supplies here in UK, but I have managed to always have about a month's supply backup, and plan to keep it that way.

Good luck with your unpacking.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ed2008

Post by ed2008 »

hf

I cant say that i've seen any out of stock at the pharmacy I work in, but it's possible..

drug manufacturers typically produce meds in "lots" or batches... and while we would like to think they can just produce some more at any time... well, it's not easy to predict demand.. i can say there are very few patients using brand name, which tells me that generic is flying off the shelves.

you might ask at the pharmacy if they haver ordered all the differnt generics.. boehringer, mylan, and corepharma come to mind at first thought.

oh yeah, i do have a spare bottle of 1mg.. side effects were too much for me.

and if all else fails in your search for silverware, check the GARAGE!!!

LMAO

Ed

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Last I checked Requip IS Ropinerole.

In Australia Ropinerole's "Brand Name" is Repreve and there is NO generic brand available to us.

A Generic Brand of any drug is still the same drug, it just doesn't have all the "bells & whistles" advertising whoo-ha that goes along with the Brand Name drugs
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

What I am prescribed is Ardetel (sp??) which is (ropinerole), so therefore Requip and Ardetel are both ropinerole.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Regarding my previous post, it might be 'Adartel', but anyway....

I sound a bit vague in that previous post. What I was trying to say is:
I had thought that Requip was the brand name, and that ropinerole was the generic.

So therefore, I wonder what is my 'Adartel', is it the generic??? or what. I guess I just don't know how this naming/branding works.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's sort of complicated. The generic is always the same - ropinerole in this case. The name brand is different. In terms of this drug, in the US it's Requip. It's both Requip and Adartel, depending on the country in which you buy it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Just makes ya wish the whole world of pharmaceutical big-wigs and hedgehogs would call one drug the one name for the whole world instead of different names for different manufacturers .. and we wouldn't be wondering if we're all taking and talking about the same thing or not.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sometimes there are MANY different brand names at the same time - like hydrocodone. I can't tell you how many times I've had to look up what some one is taking and it's....hydrocodone, lol. It's Vicodin, Symtan, Anexsia, Dicodid, Hycodan (or generically Hydromet), Hycomine, Hycet, Lorcet, Lortab, Norco, Novahistex, Hydroco, Paramol, Tussionex, Gentex, Vicoprofen, Xodol, Bekadid, Calmodid, Codinovo, Duodin, Kolikodol, Orthoxycol, Mercodinone, Synkonin, Norgan, and Hydrokon, according to Wikipedia.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

And to think that the Japanese have come up with over 1400 different words for ... toilet :D :D :lol:

Sorry ... couldn't resist :lol:
Nadia

ladybug

Post by ladybug »

Just thought I'd let you know that I just picked up a bottle of Ropinirole today at my pharmacy (Louisiana). Just starting it tonight.
I've been through some terrible things in life, some of which actually happened (Mark Twain) :-)