Weather

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
becat

Weather

Post by becat »

Ok, y'all this is for all of our Tx, Ark. and LA board members.

God bless and keep you safe. I hope you have already taken the advice and left the area in south TX.
I know so they won't read this, but it needs to be said.

The moon will not be seen, for sake of the clouds and flying stuff...I'm sure. But be safe, take care, and know that we are all in good thoughts, prayers, or whatever one does to send out good tidings, to all of you.

I'm in Dallas and will likely be out of power for a while, but I'm safe and prepared.

Let us know when you get back home your safe.

Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Missouri is flooded today and I am working overtime on power outages because a tornado just went through. Keeping all in my prayers as this is a crazy year. Becat, be careful. To all my sincere wishes for safety. The moon is wild tonight!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Ruby you are so right. You be careful, too. If you have to, click your heels and come get me..... :D we'll go on va ca!!!

You have to take care too. Iowa, as well was a huge mess.

May the moon be full of our love and good thoughts, for all of us.

Love Ya Babe,
Lynne

WAM

Post by WAM »

Hope all you Texans and SouthWestern board readers are safe and sound after the last Bout vs. the Weather. Is it still bad down there?

We're getting lots and lots of rain...roads closed because of flooding even up here, but we've got it made compared to what I'm seeing on FoxNews.

The best to you all down south. Hope you're all dry.

becat

Post by becat »

Well we're not dry here in Dallas and still have several hours before the big stuff hits.

Bless all in the Houston area, it was a rough ride last night.

Looks like Ike has turned and we will not be in the direct path of the eye.

Probably downed trees and no power, pray for no hangy down things (as Jan calls them).

Stocked up on supplies and have each of my 3 pets glued to me. If I judged what was coming by them, I should be MORE frightened, but I'm not at this point.

I'm ok, but will likely not be online for a while this afternoon or more. We'll see.

Love y'all and will update as possible.

Lynne

becat

Post by becat »

Back for a few minutes during a lull in the wind.

It's not so bad, so no worries.

Ruby it's coming your way, and poor Iowa, neither of you need rain.

I would have stopped it here if I could have.

Be safe our Ruby and all in Ike's path.

Love and a full moon of prayers.
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Even in Chicago - go figure - we haven't seen anything but rain for days. My BIL's house (new one) flooded last night; they are in the process of moving everything. Ugh.

I hope everyone everywhere is OK and dries out soon.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

Back online and no damage at my house. the eye came passed right over Plano and you know that was peaceful. We stayed west of the storm and that is the easy stuff, so no problems here.
I did shut down my computer, as I said, with a few of the gusts I was sure my neighbor's poorly groomed tree could take our power lines down on a good day.

I feel for our friends and family around Houston, Cyndi's husband checked in with Charlene and they are fine as well. I know so many others are not.

My husband's childhood friends live just north of Galvaston and were trying to make it home yesterday afternoon. We have not heard from them as yet. Homes and things can be replaced, not the friends and family. It's raining again this morning in Houston and it's sorta flat and swollen with rain already, so many may not make it far when trying to go back.

Hubby was working the whole time, as his business is scattered around the country and I know they lost......I mean gone lost, a store on Galvaston island.

I'm praying for y'all that are still in the path. Ruby, Ann, anyone in MO., Ark. or Iowa......stay safe. You have our prayers.

Ruby I knew we needed that boat with a motor! LOL, wait or not LOL.

As for the legs, they hate regular thunder storms and hurricanes are that xs 10, big.....Huge....RLS. I think I will not be wearing a dress for a while. Caught myself pinching my legs at some point to counter pain them. UUUUUFFAAAA to Hurricanes.
Weather hurts.

Thanks for everyone's prayers :D

Love Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Forget the boat...I need an ark!

Glad to hear only minor damage to many but I feel for those who have lost so much. The electricity went off at 3:30 this am. Know the exact time because the CPAP machine quit working and not having any air to breathe woke me quickly! Had to be at church early because I was part of the program. No lights, no water pressure tank, no shower. Grabbed what I could find with my little flashlight (not prepared for this) and headed out the door to my daughters to take a shower.

A 1/2 hour drive turned into 1 1/2 hours as all the roads were flooded so had to backtrack to Timbuctoo to get to town. Pretty scary to drive along roads that usually run by cornfields and now are in the middle of vast, quickly moving lakes.

Had a few tornadoes last night so worked late until our company had all the electricity back on to our customers. One lady said that the tornado
missed her house but took out all her backyard trees. They were just gone. The next person accused me of making up the storm to cover the outages. "I didn't see no tornado!" Usually I'm nice to the people who call but that person got an earful.

It has quit raining but the wind is fiercesome. We'll see what tomorrow brings! Good luck to all with the wild weather. Keep safe.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Ruby I have the buzz saw out and nails, hammer.....Looking for wood. I'm on my way! :D :D :D Thanks for checking in, I was thinking about you.

Dang, I knew we needed a bigger boat, should have looked on ebay.

You stay safe out there. I know it's easy to say and I would stop all of it if I could have, but had no choice.

It's just amazing what nature can do and it's more amazing how that storm turned out. I know that those crops are probably lost, that will add to the fury of the pricing of everything. More sad for the farmers, all the lost work.

Same thing in the Panhandle of TX., too much rain at the wrong time of yr., just makes a person sick.

Hubby's businesses in Galvaston are probably just gone or just wood on a road, but that can all be fixed.
He's been on the phone all week and through the weekend with work.

So many got out and so many were lucky. It's a blessing those people listened this time.

Those still in the path of the storm....we are all with you in spirit and in prayers or good thoughts. Echoing Ruby, please be safe everyone.

So many to mention and all kept in the moon.
Lynne

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey there

Ike (and the other two) has been on the news here in Aust. I was worried about all of you living in those areas and have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers over the past week.

My thoughts, prayers and positive thoughts will continue to be sent to you via the moon so that you are able to get through the aftermath and settle back into some sort of normal routine as soon as possible.

Thinking of you all.

Love n hugs
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I had no idea that the Chicago area was so affected - living in a high rise condo building insulates me from what homeowners go through sometimes.

My BIL - flooded. My friends - flooded. My dear friend - the river that is normally 100 yards from her window is 3 feet from it with the crest not coming until later today. People had to be evacuated by boat in one suburb! This is just craziness.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

Ann that is amazing and scary at the same time.

I will certainly add y'all to my list of prayers and fill the moon.

If we get Ruby an ark, maybe we can use our sleepless nights to row and come and get y'all as well.

Hope WAM is ok, as well.

Let's all be safe and certainly, whatever you prefer, think and send prayers and good thoughts to all.

Lynne

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

I live right in the middle of the lower peninsula of Michigan. We had 4 inches of rain from Gustov, then got another 4 or 5 more from Ike. We have been in flood warnings from them. So far no flooding though.
My thought are with everyone affected by the Hurricanes.

WAM

Post by WAM »

We got a couple of inches of water in the lower level of the house.
It's really strange, we built here and moved in in 96, and we noticed the contractor hadn't put in a sump pump in the pit. Come to find out, most of the neighborhood didn't have sump pumps because it's all sand in this neighborhood. I thought about it for the first couple of years. We do have a drain in the lower level floor, after a few torrential downpours and never ever a drop of water down here...I thought we were good and kept putting it off, and eventually just stopped thinking about it. Until Sunday morning, when I was rushing around town trying to buy any kind of submersible pump, which had all sold out on Saturday, as my lower level was steadily filling with rain water. I finally went to my church and borrowed the pump out of the fish pond.
We've been working on the house for 12 years, the lower level has been a work in progress, we wanted to finish it as we went, without having to borrow money, and we've little by little almost got it finished. Got carpet down here this spring for the first time EVER. As it turns out, we also got water down here for the first time EVER. I'm thinking we should've got the sump pump first, then the carpet.
Don't it always work like that? Of course we don't have flood insurance. We don't live in a flood plain, it would've been silly to get that. :roll:

Compared to what a lot of people are going through tho, we're doing fine. Got 6 or 8 box fans going, two borrowed dehumidifiers...and, I did put that sump pump in...a little late and sort of temporarily rigged with a flexible hose instead of hard piped, but one thing at a time.

We've got the carpet pulled up all over with stuff holding it up so the air can get to the pad and all that. Took an emergency vacation this week...my last one for the year. But it's coming along.

It's been a weird week. First totalling the car and now this.