Weather

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
becat

Post by becat »

Wam I'm sorry to hear that.
I know how hard you've worked on that basement. So does this mean that insurance will not even look at it, your not in a flood zone is my point?

I hope and pray they will do so for you. But just think you can have a project left to do and hopefully the energy to get it done.

Like Nadia, so many to think and pray for and last night I was met with a huge bright moon. Makes me think we all were filling it for those in need.

I'm so happy to hear that y'all are ok, but sorry for the water.

I wish I had been cro-chetting a sump pump instead of a blanket. Soryy dude, too late to change the design. :)

Hugs to all,
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, Randy, that just isn't right! I wish I had something inspiring to say, but I surely do not. Just that like Lynne, I'm thinking about you and hoping it works out ok. Maybe you really wanted another color carpet anyway...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

OMG I was reading everyone's post and I am so sorry about the damage this storm did to everyone. I have been saying prayers for everyone that you are all kept safe.

Like Lynne said that I have been in contact with Cyndi and Rich. In fact Rich called me as I know Cyndi knew that I was worried and let me know that they are doing fine. Lynne thanks for keeping me updated as you know what a "worry wart" I am. I am so glad that you all are fine.

I will still keep on saying prayers for everyone and please keep safe. WAM sorry to hear about your place but thank the Good Lord that you, your wife and family are fine.

Ruby, you are one fine lady going out in the weather with a tornado in the works. Please take care of yourself friend.

Ann, I am sorry to hear about your BIL's house and your friends but also thank the Good Lord that they are fine.

You are all in my prayers daily. Love you all.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

It has indeed been a very bright moon these past few nights.

Know that it is filled with every caring thought, prayer and posimistic (new word for the year) attitude that you all need to get through this.

Keepin you all in my thoughts

Love n hugs
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Good grief. Sorry to hear about the basement Randy. Will you be able to salvage any of the carpet and so forth? I sure hope so.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Good luck to all you folks in the storm areas.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

WAM

Post by WAM »

HeatherB wrote:Good grief. Sorry to hear about the basement Randy. Will you be able to salvage any of the carpet and so forth? I sure hope so.

I'm working really hard to dry this stuff out, and it's coming along pretty well. I hate to throw it out because it's pretty new carpet. But it's smelling kind of musty/dirty down here. I'm gonna dry it all out, then call a professional carpet cleaning place and see what they can do. I'm thinking maybe it would be cheaper just to replace the pad if I can get the carpet fresh again.
Who knows. Thanks though Heather, and everyone for your kind words and wishes.

I know one thing. Before we got this carpet, we were talking about getting FLOR...which if you don't know, are carpet squares that you install yourself. They don't have adhesive or anything and it's pretty high quality stuff. They have some kind of tape at the corners that holds them all together. It costs the same as carpet, but if you have a stain you can replace just the square or squares. And in this case, since the pad is part of the carpet square, we could've pulled the whole floor up if necessary, took them outside in the sun and scrubbed them and dried them and put them back down. DARN! I wish we woulda done that. Anybody have any experience with the FLOR brand of carpet squares? We've read up on them and it seems ideal for a lower level floor. Next time.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Maybe it would be easier to plug up the drain and have an indoor swimming pool. Kidding!! WAM. you've put a lot of time, effort and money into your basement. I really hope it turns out okay for you. We lost several water gaps and had to pull lots of trees off the fence lines but we replace fences all the time. Not like having to air and dry out a basement. My friend at work had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago. Insurance paid for most of it and she isn't in a flood plain. They had it draped over stuff too and when it dried they had a professional cleaner come in. Can't tell anything had ever happened to it.

Good luck!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

WAM

Post by WAM »

My insurance lady at State Farm said..."Lemme see if you have drain and sewage back up coverage............NOPE, it's pretty pricey." And that was that. We were done talking about it.

How come all the insurance I PAY FOR EVERY FLIPPING MONTH NEVER COVERS ANYTHING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS?
I bet if a wildebeest trampled my roof vent...it'd be covered. Anything that is a one in a trillion bazillion chance of ever happening...covered.

AFTER I totaled my wife's car...same thing.
State Farm: "Oh...well you don't seem to have Rental Car provided on your policy."
Me: "Well, I have full coverage, I've been paying full coverage with you guys for 26 years, it's gotta be on there somewhere"
SF: "Nope. You've never had Rental Car or Towing on your policy. We can put it on there now if you'd like"

At that point I said goodbye politely because I could feel politeness draining out of my brain at an alarming rate.

I know it's all my fault, but I just think an Ins. Agent oughta be a little more helpful. I'm sure twenty six years ago when we were poor, Tami and I just wanted the cheapest policy we could get away with. And then, every car after that they just said something like...."OK we're transferring your policy over to your new car" and that was that. It's like having the same Dr. for twenty six years and he gives you antibiotics when you get sick, but never tells you that you should get a physical every couple years. That was a terrible analogy wasn't it?

Oh whatever. Live and learn.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I have wildebeast coverage. In Missouri, it's mandatory. However, if he tramples the roof vent they will replace it only if it gets torn completely loose. Just dented doesn't count. We've used it twice, paid for new vents completely. Also paid to fix the roof where their hoofs put holes in the shingles.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh WAM I am so sorry to hear about your insurance agent. i agree about paying for 26 yrs and look what happens.

This happen to us when we lived in Calif. and had alot of high winds and blew our fence down not only once but three times. We never reported the first two times but when we reported it when it happened the last time their response was "we will have to cancel your policy" huhhhhhh first time reporting anything at all and my comment was "why are we paying for insurance when we cannot even use it"????? Go figure. I told them forget it we will take care of it ourselves. We also had State Farm but not anymore.

I hope that things do work out for you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I could feel my sense of civility draining as I read both WAMs and Charlene's posts. I can't even talk about insurance without becoming violently angry. So, after a deeeeeeep breath......and a ten second slow exale through my mouth,

I just feel extreme empathy for anyone who has to go through the insurance nightmare. Randy, I hope that this is the end of bad things together and that now only wonderful things will happen.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

As bad as it was for some, at least we have our homes still. Plenty in shelters in the DFW area and looks like it'll be another week before most can even go home to see how much (or little) is left. Oh well, most people are safe and that's what really matters.

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Don't get me started on State Farm.
I was in a car accident 16 years ago. My mom had State Farm. "Oh yes ma'am, we will cover all her doctors bills for the rest of her life for anything related to the accident." YEAH RIGHT!!!!! They paid for the first visit to the doctor and everything after that they refused.
So I walk around for 16 years with torn ligaments and tendons in my knees that never healed right and State Farm knows where they can go!

Sorry you have to deal with them WAM.