Aiken

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
WAM

Aiken

Post by WAM »

Aiken, could you please get rid of that green hair on your picture avatar? It's kinda distracting.

Thanks.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

No problem!
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

ROFLMFAO ... You just made my week!!!

Thats a classic Aiken ... I liked the green ... but this is WAY betta! You'd get along nicely with Troy ... he regularly bleaches his hair and then ... well I neva know what colour it'll be ... purple, pink, blue, stripes, you name, he does it!

Damn guys, you have NO IDEA how much I needed that roaring laugh right now.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

:D

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

A, If someone asked to shave your hair would you paint your head ?? Can't wait for the pic. Too, too, much! :lol:

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Aiken, is your hair really red, or is the colour change done my computer?

Tell the truth !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

WAM

Post by WAM »

I'm glad you guys got a laugh today.

Aiken, the point I was trying to make was that I thought it was pretty rotten of you to complain about the size of Dee's font, starting all that mob mentality crap in the other thread.

Point being, we are all obnoxious, angry, over-the-top, emotional, different, unique, add any other adjective that fits, and even LOUD at times. If you would have read what she was saying, you would have seen that she was upset at the way this affliction is looked upon by most everybody...run of the mill people, educated people, medical doctors etc because it is called Restless Leg Syndrome. Dee was frustrated and she needed to vent. Instead of supporting her, like you would have supported probably any other member on this message board, all you had to say to her was that her font size was bothering you. And others on this board...joined right in with him, saying she was disrespectful because she used a larger font and she was bothering you by the way she was expressing herself. But I'll tell you something Aiken, even though your hair is stupid looking, and I only say that because I'm sure you are trying for that effect, and obnoxious...if you have something on your mind that is making you in any way emotional, and you put it out here for us to discuss, I'll betcha nobody will reply that your hair is bothering them. But then you'd probably put it out here more palatable than Dee would.....right? Of course that would be "different".

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Rubyslipper wrote:
If this is the way the board is going to continue, then I'm not sure I want to be a part of it any longer. I am not taking sides here, I think both people could have handled it all better. We are supposed to be here for each other; what happened?

Ruby, thank you for posting this. What happens when new people come here looking for support and read what had just happened. What would they think. We are here for everyone no matter what they say and how they say it (small print or large) it does not matter.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Edit: Never mind, I'm taking this to PM. Not gonna start another free-for-all.
Last edited by Aiken on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thank you, Aiken. It's hard to decide when to use PM and when to post.

I personally wouldn't want to get flamed through PMs (it's not fun), but I also agree that some things should be personal and not public.

Maybe there is some litmus test that I don't know about that would help guide such decisions. Like our motivations or what we think it might cause to have happen...If anyone knows of one, I'd like to know.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Hrm. All right. I've been holding my tongue, but enough.

Considering that all I did was ask someone not to use huge fonts, I want my name to be taken off of this thread, or I want the current conversation split into another thread and the original bits of this one locked. I can't insist on anything, of course, but still, that's what I want, and I'm allowed to want things.

I understand people want to talk out what happened, and I don't want to deny anyone that, but seeing this eponymous thread pop back to the top repeatedly, especially considering that it begins with the nasty and ridiculous claim that my simple font size request is somehow directly and deliberately responsible for other people acting like jerks to each other, is just not right. The way human brains work, repetition becomes truth in the subconscious, even if what's being repeated isn't actually true.

People can claim whatever they want, but there's just no way that a simple and reasonable request for a reduction in font size is at fault for other people having a giant fight amongst themselves that resulted in one of them choosing to leave the forum. They're all adults, and all perfectly capable of taking responsibility for their own behavior. To make me the scapegoat for their behavior is to imply that they are children who cannot behave unless kept in a hermetic environment, free of metaphorical specks of dust to build their angry raindrops around.

Again, I would like, if possible, for this latter (and much more sensible) discussion to be disentangled from the sarcastic and (unfairly) accusatory origins of this thread. I can't insist, but I sure would like.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Moderators agreed: this is locked and the posts related to discussing how to post and what this board means have been moved to a new thread.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.