Wonderful discovery

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
pedrime

Wonderful discovery

Post by pedrime »

Hi everyone--

Maybe I'm living under a rock but until recently had never used/heard of a drug called Ponstel (NSAid). I have a non-RLS, painful condition and this is the best non-narcotic drug I have ever used. If anyone is unsuccessfully trying to treat pain I recommend asking your dr. about this.

Have a great day-
Meg

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

p, just curious what you are taking it for, how long etc. Seems like it comes with all the nsaid caveats and side effects.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Interesting. I took Ponstel about 30 years ago for "female pain." That was before ibuprofen was sold OTC. I didn't know that it was still around.
Susan

pedrime

Post by pedrime »

that's exactly what i'm taking it for. (same as susan). for me it works much better than 800 mg/ ibuprofen--i'm astounded i hadn't heard of it until recently. hopefully this is only short-term b/c i should be having surgery soon. anyway not a lot of good painkiller options-- harm your stomach & kidneys w/ nsaids or ask your dr. for narcotics and appear a drug-seeker! you can't win :roll:

pedrime

Post by pedrime »

oh, i neglected to mention that when i took ponstel for the first time i realized i had no hip pain or back pain either, which is never the case unless i take narcotics. so for me, it really wipes out the pain shockingly well.