RLS LIFE: Drugs, Side Effects & Everything Else

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Yes, we're enjoying having the girls back.

We've also managed to cram a fair bit of household rearrangement into two days as well.

When Troy and I visited my parents the other weekend, we came back with the desk from my old bedroom, and the desk from my sister's room.

Now Karrissa has a lot more room to store books and stuff on my old corner desk and Bianca no longer has to sit on the floor to do her homework. All we have left to do is put up some shelves above Bianca's desk and the bedrooms are done.

The last thing we've done is removed the computer from Karrissa's room and are putting it in the family room. It saves Karrissa from being annoyed by her sisters and we can keep an eye on what they're doing on the internet.

Now all I gotta do is clean up our room ... any volunteers want to help lol?

Best go, got a pile of ironing to do and the last couple of books to cover ready for tomorrow ... it's going to be a busy day!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Sounds like a nice happy family time
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

1. Smurf the amit-yada experiment ... I want a frikkin decent nite's sleep! I did it for a week ... no change in my daytime breakthrough symptoms, if anything, probably worse ... but hey, who's hurt? Only me!

2. It's 11:00pm and I've still got a load of washing waiting to go into the dryer (does it occur to DH to fix the 2nd dryer??? Ah ... No)

3. I'm sick n tired of lookin at booklists

4. I have no idea what I'm gonna pack for lunches tomorrow

5. The girls have no idea that I'm gonna be at the breakfast table with them in the morning and every morning from now on to ensure they eat all their breakfast and not hide it at the bottom of the bin bag/feed it to the dog/wash it down the sink.

6. DH has a sore elbow whereas I ache from hair to toenails but since HE wont go to the physio coz he don't like them, I can't go coz we can't afford it ... go figure

7. I've got a massive headache movin headlong into migraine territory but have too much housework to do before I can even think about goin to bed

8. A belated Happy Australia Day to all the Aussies and ex-pats who lurk around this board.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW Betty ... Despite what I've just typed, yes we are having a wonderful time being a family again lol ... It's a typical family household
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

That's what its like being a family.

If we were all perfect, we'd be robots. :lol:
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

If my keyboard dont work tomorrow I dont blame it ... its full of tears.

Wat the heck ... lets just have a complete emotional breakdown when I NEED to be at my emotional best for my lil family.

I haven't slept for three nights straight.

I've had two stress migraines.

I now realise what it feels like to be an ant; trying to avoid being trod on every other bl00dy minute of the day.

Dont bother responding ... noone does these days ... it's just the mindless rambles of someone who's got more on her plate than she deserves and is sick of having her lack of health thrown in her face over and over and over and over and over again.

Sod it all!!!!!!!!!!
Nadia

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Oh Nadia.... we care.... we do....

You need sleep...
Betty

Nicky

Post by Nicky »

Nadia, hang in there girl! Sounds like you're having a hell of a rotten time. I am truly sorry & hope you have the upswing you deserve. Three nights straight is enough to drive anyone nuts. You are obviously very strong though. We all have to be tough cookes for everyone else don't we!
Wishing you much better times.
Nicky

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, Nadia, that really sucks. You just have sooooo much on your plate right now - heck, it's not a plate, it's a table!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

ViewsAskew wrote:You just have sooooo much on your plate right now - heck, it's not a plate, it's a table!

Thankyou for plucking "table" outta my head ... i'm thinking banquet table in size.

Have just spent another two hours in court; it's been adjourned for a second time.

I fractured a toe this morning in my rush to get all the paperwork ready ... lucky i did coz our Solicitor (luv her!) had none!

Also tried to take the top of my thumb off the other night when opening a tin of dogfood. When the flow of blood didn't show a sign of slowing after 45mins, Troy drove me to the hospital. They decided not to stitch it in case of infection.

I was seriously thinking of changing my flights and staying with a friend for a few extra days, but the next hearing is the day after my dang Sleep Doc appointment.

I need rest.

I need sleep.

I need to cry some more. Funny how when you think you've run outta tears, they just keep on flowin.

I'm stressed to the max.

BUT ... I FINALLY today, with the help of a complete stranger, managed to get Troy to acknowlede just how much work I do on top of "working to stay well".

Had another stress migraine last night.

Sleep? Huh? What? Is that something i'm supposed to know about?

Got another migraine comin on now and since Troy's taken the whole day off, HE can do the school run and the homework checking and if he dares to grumble about having to make dinner ...

I know I said sod it all and don't reply, but you guys are still my family ... five years on ... some of the people might have changed, but this is still my first stop when I need an outlet. So, thankyou for your replies, they do mean a lot to me.

Love n hugs xoxo
Nadia

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

If ever there was a need for someone to stop time, step out of their life, and get some help...it's right now. Wish I had such a contraption...

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

What puzzles me the most is that i've not had ANY RLS symptoms since Saturday.

Considering my ultra-stressed condition, i have been expecting all hell to breadk loose, but haven't even had a teeny lil niggle.

I give up tryin to figure my body out.

Then again, maybe the stress migraines and the extremely tense muscles in my back and neck may be pushing on a nerve somewhere that's stopping the RLS backfire messages from getting through ... its just a thought.
Nadia

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey, take what you can get - gift horse and all that.

Managing Your RLS

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Nadia, dear girl, when I am very stressed my RLS is at ist best too. But when rest comes it comes back with a vengeance, so I suggest you stay stressed (LOL, sorry for this bad joke). Also: when I cry it seems to relieve RLS too; I always have a very good night's sleep after a crying spell. Odd thing, this RLS.

I wish you had the money to have someone doing household chores for you. With severe RLS is seems impossible to me to manage household and 3 kids. I like ironing, I find it very relaxing and I wish I could do your ironing, honestly, I would do that for you with peasure.

Corrie

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Corrie, Betty, Anne, Nicky, and whoever else responded to my rather despondant post the other day ... thankyou for doing so.

It's been a long while since i've mentally been this low and i'm not enjoying it at all. The banquet table just never seems to have a spot cleared on it.

If we could catch a break for just one week i'd be so happy!

These boards have been my "second home" for the past five years and it's here that I come to vent, cry, scream, talk, come up with dumb ideas like detox's.

The lack of RLS symptoms I am enjoying immensely ... although there's a slight niggle tonight.

On the other hand, I'm getting really annoyed at the migraines that now seem to be a daily occurrence because they confine me to bed. KK has one of her friends over for a sleepover tonight, and I've had to keep a "facade" up until Troy got home from work. I didn't want to crash and not have at least one eye/ear on the girls.

Just over a week until I go to see my Sleep Doc. My list of questions, queries, and problems is getting longer by the day.

Right, i'm goin back to bed with all the lights out.

Luv n hugs
Nadia

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

With your life-style, RLS can't run fast enough to catch you! I know I haven't been here for any of you for quite awhile. There are reasons but no more than anyone else. Life just throws curve balls and I never was good at baseball. That moon is still shining and everytime I hear about your beautiful country I wish I could visit it with you.

I'm sorry I let you down. Sorry for any hard feelings out there anywhere. Life is just too short for all the strife we cause. I'm with you in spirit if not in emails.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)