RLS LIFE: Drugs, Side Effects & Everything Else

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

)(#$%*@)#$(&%

Yes i'm grumpy.

Been using codeine since late 2004 ... I usually refer to it as Panadeine Forte.

As for the Amityada ... no, it's not been linked to my grumpiness and is not likely to be either.

For those of you who know me REALLY well, you know who Ms Hyde is.

There are certain people who are not registered as members of this board who read this thread. I'm giving out as little information as possible since i've been treated like a mushroom.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Mushroom? Is that an Aussie term?

How are things going, seriously? Is anything any better? Is the codeine helping?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushroom_management

lol...sorry

Apparently this is a very common tactic at Apple. Yet another reason I dislike them. Nothing worse than fakers putting on a pretty face.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks for the link Zach.

Nadia, Dr B told me that codeine was no way the best opiate for rls. He suggested tramadol.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey Betty

Yup I know ... girlfriend and I are workin on the tramal angle. Gonna take a lil while to get my body to start rejecting codeine but sometimes patience and the long way are the only way to get people to REALLY listen.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Good luck with the meds. I can say that at present I am having the best cover ever, since changing to the tramadol. You deserve a good meds regime.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Well, my luck finally had to run out sometime.

There's a Cat 3 cyclone headin our way ... i felt it the day it formed.

Gotta luv bein a walkin barometer!
Nadia

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Ol "Hamish" is now a Category 5 Cyclone (Hurricane).

Still headed in our direction. We're already getting heavy rain and the wind has picked up considerably.

We'll within it's grasp by tomorrow morning Aussie time and then depending on it's lofty decisions, it could keep on goin south and we'll still cop a fair batterin, or it could do a sudden right hand turn and yes ... well ...

It formed off the coast north of Cairns only 2 days ago and has been making it's merry way down the coast ever since.

Please keep the people of coastal Eastern Queensland in your prayers.

Thanks

PS ... Yes, i'm havin a battle keep the ol RLS under control now!!!
Nadia

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yikes - Category 5 is not good!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We've been seeing the Queensland weather on our news today.
Take care over there.
Betty

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Its right on our doorstep at the moment i.e. drive down the road and over the hill head straight out to sea and you'll run smack into it.

We haven't had much rain but the winds are another thing altogether.

I've got some supplies just in case ... you never know!
Nadia

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

As they say ... better to be prepared than to get caught out!

Thank goodness ol "Hamish" hasn't caused any damage ... let alone been kind enough to cross the coast. He did a u-turn when the waters got cold down near the border and is passing us again but just as a Tropical Low.

Finally we're getting some rain to go along with the winds!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyhoo ... two nights ... no sleep ... not happy! :shock:

RLS is all over the place.

Stress could be a factor since our lives are nothing compared to what they were this time 12 months ago ... I detest people who meddle in other peoples lives for the sheer joy of it! :twisted:

I've also finally sent away the referral to the Neurology Dept at the Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital with regards to that cyst that's floatin around in my brain somewhere. :?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well knock me down with a feather ... it's been 5 years (give or take a week) since I first joined this Board! How time flies when you're having so much fun fighting something that doesn't play the same tune for everyone!
Nadia

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey, it's your RLSDB anniversary! I'm glad you're hangin' in here, but sorry that it's not only because we're so much fun.

I was so glad when I looked at the weather to see that Hamish was downgraded and continued to decrease. Is this a better or worse than normal year for tropical storms in your hemisphere?

Managing Your RLS

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

"Hamish" was a late bloomer.
Dont quote me on this but I think (stress Think) our cyclone season is October - March ... or could be November - April.
He's the biggest to form off our Eastern Coast since "Larry" decimated Ingham, up north of us, three years ago. The speed at which "Hamish" formed was also surprising!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The no sleep thing is really annoying me; to the point that i've stopped driving ... especially if it involves taking the girls anywhere. I'm gettin snatches of sleep/dozing for an hour or so here n there, but that's it.

Think i'll be giving my Sleep Doc an early update email tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not quite my RLSDB Birthday yet ... It will be on the 18th ... and I was only officially diagnosed the year before I found this Board. Boy oh boy have we seen some interesting things go on around here in that time!
Nadia

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

It's got me stuffed as to what's goin on with my brain/legs.

I've been having little/no breakthrough symptoms and/or nothing at all for a couple of months then oh yay, i feel like i'm back to square one.

It was whilst "Hamish" was doin his tour of the coast that if first started ... well he ran outta steam ... I had only one week of reprieve and now it's all happenin again. so far, and for the moment i'm putting it down to the complete lack of any sleep due to one rather unwell child (5) who's been fighting massive fevers since last weekend ... oh and the unshcheduled rain we've been gettin.

Now ... before y'all jump on the "have you tried this ... wont the doc/hosp do that" bandwagon ... DON'T! That's the first and last warning.

Its a virus and we cant do anything except keep her comfortable and let it run its course.

So, yes, i've been LOVING the "oh crap where's the dog leash/too late ... you'll find me on the bed kickin it to bits/don't mind me n my stretching" again ... NOT ... I was quite enjoying being minus one thing to worry about.

Guess I pissed off another chinaman in a past life somewhere ...
Nadia