No Support Group?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

No Support Group?

Post by ViewsAskew »

Recently I've become aware of how much a support group can impact people with RLS. From the actual meetings, to the information, to the training of doctors to treat RLS, these groups are essential.

Problem is, not all of us are in areas that have support groups. When Charlene came here, she realized there was none for her area and promptly set out to start one.

That, I think, is the model to aspire to.

As we went through the whole thread on doctor education, it became more and more clear to me that these support groups are an excellent way to get some doctors trained. A good support group almost always has a good doctor attached to it. But, if you don't have a Dr Buchfurer, does that mean you can't start a group?

I'd say it's the very reason TO start a group.

There have to be doctors that are willing to tackle RLS and to become the local expert. It's just a matter of contacting them and getting one or two to be willing to learn and help. If anyone is thinking of doing this, we could use this thread to help sort out how to go about doing that, to get the support you need AND train the doctor to be the doctor needed in your community. And, then, to train additional doctors as you go along.

In the end, everyone wins.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.