Oxycodone question~

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
coaster

Post by coaster »

Jitterlegs wrote:I have had RLS as long as I can remember, would I even know what it feels like to be "normal"?????? :?

Maybe this is off-topic, but sometimes I think I've forgotten what it's like to be "normal." Normal for me is pain and fatigue. Healthy people don't realize what chronic illness does to a person's psyche. (I think a lot of doctors don't either.) Almost anything can be tolerated for a short time when you know it's going to end. Something that has no forseable end is different.....it changes the person. I'm even tired in my dreams now, it's been so long.

Jitterlegs, have you tried any counter-irritant therapies?
~ Tim ~
hot topics & current events: The Bill Sebastian Forum

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, its like 'Fine' doesn't really mean good/ok like it does to non sufferers, it means 'dealing with it' and trying not to be a burden.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am still fighting that - I just can't accept that I have to feel like this for the rest of my life! I truly dislike it and wonder if my focus on it (how crappy I feel) isn't making it worse. It's not going to go away, but I can at least put my attention elsewhere.

I've recently re-discovered how important exercise is for my mental state. With a knee injury and a few other things, I've ground to a halt over the last 8 months. I've also felt worse and worse over that time. I started swimming again a few weeks ago and was amazed at how much better I felt afterward. My knee hurts, but since it's going to hurt anyway, I might as well feel better while it hurts, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

coaster

Post by coaster »

You guys are going to think I'm absolutely nuts, and I KNOW the rest of the world will for sure, but I've discovered something that helps my mental state (if nothing else)

SINGING

No, seriously!! I've taken to singing and humming and not just periodically but all day long -- I'm really wondering if I'm nuts, but I don't care, because it helps my mood. And I don't think it really matter what or whether or not you're in tune, just that it's something you enjoy and it sounds good in your head.

Now I'm glad you don't know where I live 'cuz I'd be expecting a visit from some men in white coats with one of those backwards jackets with the long ties attached to the sleeves. :lol:
~ Tim ~

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You sing lead, I'll be your backup singer and dancer. Singing absolutely makes me feel better, but add dancing? Yeah!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

I can't carry a tune in a bucket...but this is harmless as long as only my dogs, cat, and birds hear.

I once asked my doctor why my legs hurt only if I'm at rest. (or sometimes when I walk too much). He said your brain can only absorb so much input. So maybe the singing is a distraction from the pain. Makes since. I'll try it....Thanks, Pat

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I love to sing, and I used to sing all the time. Especially when I lived alone. :wink: Now that I have other people around all the time, I just sing in the car when I'm alone. But I sing OK, and am thinking about joining a church choir if I can figure out how to get up on Sunday mornings every week. (Which would be a good thing because I want to go back to work someday as a minister, and most churches like to see their ministers on Sunday mornings...)

I agree with Ann, though. Dancing rocks! My legs want to do it anyway, and dancing is what helped my vertigo go away.
Susan

coaster

Post by coaster »

SquirmingSusan wrote:..., and dancing is what helped my vertigo go away.

Really!?!?!? That's cool!! :D
~ Tim ~